Howdy!

skwrl

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I am a huge fan of coffee, but have never made a drop of espresso in my life!

That being said, I am in the process of signing a lease in a retail mall right in Seattle to open up a Espresso lounge.

So I hope this forum can help me get a better grasp of this magical liquid we almost live off.

All the Best,
Steven aka skwrl

:coffee1:

Terranova

Feb 2, 2012
Cologne, Germany
Visit site
Hi Steven,
You should start paractise as soon as possible. in most shops or bars over here people cant manage to serve a good espresso. have you heard of the 4 m´s which are the benchmark to produce a real espresso ? macchina (machine), maccinino (grinder) miscela (beans) and mano (your own hands) all of these m´s have to be correct and the grinder and your own hands are the most important things in this chain.
do you have already an idea, what kind of equipment you gonna use ? how much will you spend for the machine and the grinder ?

cheers

Frank

paula.suarez31

Feb 8, 2012
NEW JERSEY
Visit site
Good morning,

I am also in the process of looking for a place to open up a coffee shop. You and I are on the same boat and I joined this forum in hopes to get some guidance. I also have never worked in a coffee lounge or have made a drop of Espresso in my life. I enjoy drinking coffee and enjoy the atmosphere of a nice coffee lounge. I wish you the very best and hope it we can get some guidance on our new adventure.

All the BEST to you,

Paula from New Jersey

paula.suarez31

Feb 8, 2012
NEW JERSEY
Visit site
Hi Frank,

What kind of grinder would you recommend for a start up business? I am new to this business and am in the midst of looking for a good quality grinding machine. What do you recommend are the most important machines to have in a coffee lunge?

Thank you for your time.