Just wanted to introduce myself

Cafe316

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello Coffee forum members!,

I wanted to officially introduce myself. My name is Peter. I have always enjoyed a hot cup of my favorite coffee, but I am a novice. However, recently when I visited the Blue Bottle Coffee location that is on the top floor of SFMOMA and had my first cup of coffee from there it really opened my eyes. I have never had coffee that good. Ever since I have become even more keen about good coffee.

I currently work in the hospitality industry as a manager at a restaurant, but I feel that it is time for me to move on. I am interested in the coffee industry. More specifically becoming a Q grader. It is my understanding that previous experience is required before I take the test to become a Q grader. Being the novice that I am, I am not sure where to start. Do I start working at a local coffee shop (starbucks, coffee bean, etc.) to gain experience? Do they give barista certifications?

I would appreciate any and all input, information, as well as recommendations. Thank you so much. I am glad to be here, and look forward to sharing many discussions about coffee with you all. :coffee:

My best,

Peter

Cafe316

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Really? I wasn't aware that I had to make my introduction short? Thanks? Regardless, nice to meet you Jackaden.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello Cafe316 (Peter)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website!

I enjoyed reading your introduction. It's always nice to get to know a little about the new members and see what interests them. So, please pay no mind to the earlier comment about it being too long!

I'm wondering if you would have better luck getting a response to your question about becoming a Q Grader if you ask the question again by starting a thread in another section of the forum. Sometimes the questions that appear in the Introductions area get lost with all of the introductions.

Rose

Cafe316

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello Cafe316 (Peter)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website!

I enjoyed reading your introduction. It's always nice to get to know a little about the new members and see what interests them. So, please pay no mind to the earlier comment about it being too long!

I'm wondering if you would have better luck getting a response to your question about becoming a Q Grader if you ask the question again by starting a thread in another section of the forum. Sometimes the questions that appear in the Introductions area get lost with all of the introductions.

Rose

Hello Rose,

How was your 4th? Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it. I will definitely repost my questions in the section where they will be better suited. :p

My best,

Peter