Hello from Canada

tankin_tummy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'm from the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. I am 23 years old and a male. Currently I am a student taking engineering at the U of S and have one year left of studies. I enjoy wieght lifting, Yoga, playing Squash and meditate quite regularily. Also I love to cook and eat healthy so coffee and tea suit this quite well

I just got into drinking good coffee (and tea as well) about a year ago. It all started with a French Press that I recieved. I noticed the coffee was quite good from this, much stronger. Shortly after I thought "if regular coffee tastes better in a press, I wonder what good beans would be like" I then also purchased a very cheap blade grinder. I started with medium roasts and eventually found I liked dark roasts. I then found that a blade grinder does not do a good job... after researching I decided to purchase a manual burr grinder (the kind that you turn with your hand to grind, sort of like a mill). Then I got a moka pot since I can now make an even fine grind. The only downside with this coffee experience is that I'm corrupted! I can't drink normal coffee now. At work I used to gulp down the office coffee, now I can't stand it and have to brew my own at work with my french press. Everyone at work now thinks I'm quite sophisticated with my coffee, even though I'm still a noobie.

I got my brother into good coffee, and now my parents are somewhat upset they have to buy whole bean coffee (instead of folgers or maxwell house). I also got my brother into drinking loose leaf tea (I got him hooked on the Darjeeling and Yerba Mate).

I enjoy this whole journey to experiencing the world of good coffee and fine tea... Since I don't drink booz regularily it gives a beverage to spend money on!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "tankin_tummy"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website!

Thank you for writing such a nice introduction. It's always fun to read a little about our new members.

You have an unusual choice for a user name for this forum, especially considering that you mentioned you're into weight lifting, etc. When I saw your user name, I pictured a middle-aged woman with a sagging belly.

It's great that you discovered the "world of coffee" and that you're sharing your knowledge with others.

I hope you will be an active member of his forum, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Rose

tankin_tummy

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
that name is actually a long story... it was a nickname I used to have when I was younger. I was a little porky as a child and early teen, and loved to eat. That name just kind of stuck with me, and I always use that name for any kind of forum to this day. I am much slimmer now and in good shape, but I still love my food.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
That's funny.....the kids in school used to call me "Jelly Belly" because I was a little porky. I hated that! After high school, I got fit and slim and stayed that way. Now, as the years have gone by, they're the ones with the "Jelly Bellies." As they say, "What goes around comes around."

Rose