Recommended jug size for texturing milk.

shaq

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
hi. Well i have two milk jug. One is 350ml and the other 600. I noticed its very hard to control the smallest one or im just a noob at this..
Or should I use both?
What do you use?
Thanks.
Shaq

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
At home, I make one latte at a time... steaming 3oz. of milk in a 12oz. pitcher, using a Vivaldi II. The type of machine and the amount of steam it produces will affect things greatly.

How much milk are you starting with?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
if you are planning to make a latte or cappuccino, i recommend as below formula.

Italian standard for latte or cappuccino is 6oz.
latte : 1oz espresso + 3.5 oz milk + 1.5 foam
cappuccino : 1oz espresso + 2.5 oz milk + 2.5 oz foam

1 oz is about 30 ml.
if your cup is 12 oz, you can just double the formula. however, this is just competition standard. if you personally like to add more espresso or more foam...etc, it is entirely up to you.

also, to answer your questions, you can use small one for your own cup and if you are making for two, probably bigger one.

shaq

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
i meant about the texturing of the milk. When i steam milk its hard to control a small jug, so i asked how big is your milk jug and how much milk you put in it

shaq

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
its really a little milk.
Usually i put like 6 oz at least..
The bigger jug the bigger amount of milk?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
its really a little milk.
Usually i put like 6 oz at least..
The bigger jug the bigger amount of milk?

Well, I'd suggest only filling your pitcher up a third of the way, to leave room for expansion.

Do you need 6oz. of milk for your drinks, or is that the smallest amount you've found to be manageable?

shaq

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
after using small amount 3-4 oz the results were perfect! Steaming milk was easy to control. . T
I need different cups for my coffee which should be wider. Thanks

TheKillingJoke

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Are you using full cream or low fat milk brokenvase?

A good trick i can recommend is if you are steaming enough milk for one cup. Then transfer to a bigger size such as 6000 or so. Be careful on the heat, cause I guess it would affect consistency.