Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Figured out how to pour!

This is a discussion on Figured out how to pour! within the Latte Art forums, part of the Coffee Industry category; I finally figured out how to pour! The problem I had is I wasn't shaking the pitcher to let the frothed milk out, I was ...

Figured out how to pour!

I finally figured out how to pour!

The problem I had is I wasn't shaking the pitcher to let the frothed milk out, I was just waiting until I ran out of steamed milk and a blob or frothed milk would come out.

Heres what it looks like:

While its a horrible rosetta (looks like a christmas tree or something), at least I know HOW to pour it, I just need to work on form.

Yay for latte art.

- Matt

2. # ADS

I like it. Reminds me of the Rorschach inkblots I used to look at with my therapist back in my early formative years.

hahah greaaaat

I am rubbish at latte art. Finally though I seem to be getting the hang of it. At the moment I lack consistency and I also need to concentrate on making the fern leaf wider if I can, without loosing definition.

All these were made using a single espresso in a normal teacup sized cup. The ones in the thicker china coloured cups are even smaller, about 60% the size of a standard teacup. They are poor efforts, but if I can learn to do it, anyone can.

Nicely done Davec

Well I envy you all, I don't have the patience to do the art. That and my wife told me to stick to espresso and coffee, she said I needed to loose some weight! Then again practice makes perfect.
    Have you ever walked through the isle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Quote Originally Posted by demetri
    Nicely done Davec
    Thanks, it's taken me a few months, pouring an average of 1-2 cappas per day. Simply because I don't do a lot of Cappas. It's getting there, and I will go on to practice the "easier, I hope?" apples and hearts.

For me there were 2 main things in learning to pour rosettas that were not obvious from the Videos or descriptions on the web (probably because many of the videos have frames chopped out during compression)

1. The milk absolutely has to be stretched right, this is in essence surfing the surface with the wand (the stretching phase) until the jug just starts to feel warm, then plunging to continue the heating (not too hot) and swirling the milk in the jug a lot whilst pulling the shot to stop it separating (because lots of crema helps, if you have a non HX machine then unfortunately you have to pull the shot first and a lot of the cream is gone by the time the milk is ready)

2. The pour must be not too fast and started high up to "punch" thru the crema and as the "white button" rises lower jug, speed up pour slightly and wobble the jug from side to side (this is quite a quick and sharp motion if that makes sense)

As for position in the cup, tilt the cup slightly when you start, pour to the centre, when the button rises move towards the back and start the rosetta, on completing the rosetta lift jug and strike through to create the steam with a thin stream of milk.

Hope these tips help in conjunction with some of the very good guides out there.

This is nice, I canīt do it too :-/

Foam I can own, but this THIS is a challenge, it's great guys!!

Art on Coffee - YouTube

Holy cow!! If this showed up I'd think my coffee was possessed....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads