Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Halloween Is Coming:

This is a discussion on Halloween Is Coming: within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; I hate to tell you but.....The worrying never stops. Now that you're a parent, you'll be worrying about your daughter for a long-long time. Actually, ...

  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,150
    I hate to tell you but.....The worrying never stops. Now that you're a parent, you'll be worrying about your daughter for a long-long time. Actually, the worrying goes on forever!

    Rose

  2. # ADS

  3. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I hate to tell you but.....The worrying never stops. Now that you're a parent, you'll be worrying about your daughter for a long-long time. Actually, the worrying goes on forever!

    Rose
    Yes, but a different kind of worry Right now we just want to get her past that first hump which is the hardest..

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Well, being a father is a great experience.. It's more filled with worry right now than anything else.. Making sure she's alright, and of course that she is getting everything she needs..

    Right now it seems she has a tough time with gastric reflux stuff.. Took her to the doctor who said it was normal, however advised some medicine to help her be a little better.. so going to go get that and hope it works out.. Only lasts for 6 months she says...

    Lots to learn, and you always wonder if you are doing the right thing.. Once we're past the stage of the initial worry and everything is alright and she gets past her first birthday, then we can breathe a sigh of relief, and start the "normal" process of worrying.. LOL

    Yes definitely, I can understand that it would be a very very worrying experience for you at the moment. I have heard that its extremely unique too. You get a feeling that there is something which is actually yours.
    Why has that gastric reflux problem occurred to her? Do you and your wife make sure that she burps properly every time after she takes her feed? Is she being breastfed by her mom?
    Your last paragraph gives me the impression that the "worrying" factor is always associated there with your own progeny; it just changes its forms. lol.....
    ^^^
    This "worrying" is actually the single hindering element in my decision of getting married.....lol.....
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post

    Yes definitely, I can understand that it would be a very very worrying experience for you at the moment. I have heard that its extremely unique too. You get a feeling that there is something which is actually yours.
    Why has that gastric reflux problem occurred to her? Do you and your wife make sure that she burps properly every time after she takes her feed? Is she being breastfed by her mom?
    Your last paragraph gives me the impression that the "worrying" factor is always associated there with your own progeny; it just changes its forms. lol.....
    ^^^
    This "worrying" is actually the single hindering element in my decision of getting married.....lol.....
    Oh she gets fed fine enough, and only mother's milk.. Just one of those things that happens, but she is doing much better now.. Lots of newborns go through it apparently.

    Oh, and worrying about marriage? Nah... That's easy... That's what the bachelor party if for LOL... They get you good and stonkered, drop you at the altar give you a good cup of coffee to sober you up for the 30 seconds you need to mumble "I do" you collapse and wake up in the matrimonial bed, your new wife giving you a delicious cup of coffee and scolding you for dancing like an idiot....

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Oh she gets fed fine enough, and only mother's milk.. Just one of those things that happens, but she is doing much better now.. Lots of newborns go through it apparently.

    Oh, and worrying about marriage? Nah... That's easy... That's what the bachelor party if for LOL... They get you good and stonkered, drop you at the altar give you a good cup of coffee to sober you up for the 30 seconds you need to mumble "I do" you collapse and wake up in the matrimonial bed, your new wife giving you a delicious cup of coffee and scolding you for dancing like an idiot....
    OMG, I am very afraid of marriage. Let me admit it, people !
    I AM AFRAID OF MARRIAGE.
    I feel that getting married will end my freedom and I will be masked under mountains of responsibilities. I do want to get married but I don't want to take up any kind of responsibilities. Yes, this is true, I know its not something very nice and appreciable but I am being honest in my opinion.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Yeah... I got cold feet the night before my marriage too... Although, truth be told, freedom is over rated.

    Sure we like to be free, but for me, being alone when you go to sleep at night, or when you wake up in the morning is not a really good trade off. You say you are afraid of marriage, everyone is... But it becomes less scary when you find the right person Not that you stop being afraid, but it gets to be a little less, and really, what freedom are you afraid of losing?

    Being able to go out every night and hook up with a stranger? Having to "strut your stuff" for someone new all the time is tiring...

    Not having responsibilities.. What responsibilities are new? I mean, single or not, you still need to pay bills, take care of the place you live, work, shower, etc... So what's changing?

    When you look at it that way, it makes it worthwhile too.. I mean, I used to not really have a reason to get up in the morning, or work, or do anything.. No incentive.. Being married gave me the incentive to get up, and be a better person. Made me more responsible lol...

    I guess you could really say is that you are afraid of change... You are comfortable with the way your life is right now, and that's OK. However, the only constant in life is change my friend.. And not to worry, when you find the right person, you won't mind the change so much.

    Sort of like that Metallica Song "Nothing Else Matters"... Great song...

  8. #27
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,150
    Hi MyMugsHalfFull,

    Wow! I am totally impressed!

    Rose

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Just telling it like it is..

    Of course, not the same for everyone, some are just "born to be wild" Although in my experience, those that are, aren't afraid of marriage because they have no intention of ever doing it.. Strange how the mind works huh?

  10. #29
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,150
    By the way, I really liked what you said when you wrote, "I guess you could really say is that you are afraid of change... You are comfortable with the way your life is right now, and that's OK. However, the only constant in life is change my friend"

    Nice!
    Rose

  11. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Yeah... I got cold feet the night before my marriage too... Although, truth be told, freedom is over rated.

    Sure we like to be free, but for me, being alone when you go to sleep at night, or when you wake up in the morning is not a really good trade off. You say you are afraid of marriage, everyone is... But it becomes less scary when you find the right person Not that you stop being afraid, but it gets to be a little less, and really, what freedom are you afraid of losing?

    Being able to go out every night and hook up with a stranger? Having to "strut your stuff" for someone new all the time is tiring...

    Not having responsibilities.. What responsibilities are new? I mean, single or not, you still need to pay bills, take care of the place you live, work, shower, etc... So what's changing?

    When you look at it that way, it makes it worthwhile too.. I mean, I used to not really have a reason to get up in the morning, or work, or do anything.. No incentive.. Being married gave me the incentive to get up, and be a better person. Made me more responsible lol...

    I guess you could really say is that you are afraid of change... You are comfortable with the way your life is right now, and that's OK. However, the only constant in life is change my friend.. And not to worry, when you find the right person, you won't mind the change so much.

    Sort of like that Metallica Song "Nothing Else Matters"... Great song...
    Ah, Well, Well, Well !
    Let me start by admitting that I am afraid that whatever you wrote in your post is quite right.
    What is the guarantee that he/she is the right person with whom you are going to get married? Finding the right person for yourself is perhaps the most difficult part of life. I really agree that it definitely gets less scary if and when you find that right person. However, what if you are not able to find that right person in your life? And how would I know that a certain person is right for me. I think that it is extremely difficult to trust on people in today's world. Again, if I don't trust a person, how would I find that right person.

    I admit that hooking up with some stranger every time is also not a good option but I don't do that. I do not believe in doing that.

    I am afraid of the new responsibilities such as taking care of your wife, looking after her, being courteous to her all the time, giving her extra care if she is pregnant. I am afraid of being interrogated all the time, where was I? Why didn't I pick the call first time? Who are my friends?
    I am afraid of not being able to fulfill my daily, recommended sleeping requirements. I know it sounds stupid but that is my concept and I might be totally wrong. I am afraid of kids, I truly am. Responsibilities of making your kids responsible citizens, good students, charming individuals and so on seem to be extremely exhausting to me.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. If in or coming to Denver area
    By Denvercoffeelife in forum Coffee Websites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 08:27 AM
  2. coming down??
    By topher in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 08:23 PM
  3. Competition coming!
    By coffeeloverlisa in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 07:42 AM
  4. Happy Halloween!
    By CoffeeLover in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2003, 04:52 AM