Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Halloween Is Coming:

This is a discussion on Halloween Is Coming: within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; YAY!!! I know I might sound a bit like a kid, but Halloween is coming. I LOVE Halloween. It's not really about the candy (although ...

Halloween Is Coming:

YAY!!! I know I might sound a bit like a kid, but Halloween is coming.

I LOVE Halloween.

It's not really about the candy (although that is a bonus), I love the costumes, and the feeling it brings that anything is possible.

I have always taken an interest in the supernatural, and the thought that maybe we could be closer to the supernatural on one specific day is an interesting thought.

Halloween is followed by All Saint's Day and then Day of the Dead. It's interesting to note that almost all civilizations around the world developed the same sort of traditions along the same timeline when there wasn't a lot of communication back then.

I always did enjoy a good ghost story too.

What are you favorite parts of Halloween? I think mostly, it was the one day that you could pick and choose to be anyone or anything you wanted to be. Be it a ghost, witch, ninja turtle (although they would call you a frog lol)

Ahhh... Halloween....

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    I've noticed that as soon as October rolls around, people who come into the cafe start talking about Halloween, and then they start asking for pumpkin spice coffee or pumpkin lattes and some ask for orange tea. Gingerbread biscotti has been a big item this week too.

Throughout the year, I enjoy the flavors of the seasons, and Halloween makes me crave chocolate.

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I've noticed that as soon as October rolls around, people who come into the cafe start talking about Halloween, and then they start asking for pumpkin spice coffee or pumpkin lattes and some ask for orange tea. Gingerbread biscotti has been a big item this week too.

Throughout the year, I enjoy the flavors of the seasons, and Halloween makes me crave chocolate.

Rose
    That's interesting... I would have thought everything but chocolate. But I guess there is a lot of it floating around...

I would have thought Christmas was more a chocolate kind of season though. Halloween always felt more like a hot apple cider holiday Hot chocolate was more a winter thing...

Although, what kind of chocolate were you referring too?

Super Moderator
    The kind of chocolate that ends up in the trick or treat bags!

The kind of chocolate that ends up in the trick or treat bags!
    Ah.. So the tombstone shaped ones, or the "minis" everything comes in "minis" these days. I had a good laugh the first time I saw a "mini" Mr. Big though...

I still always preferred the candy and salty to the chocolate though. Not sure why. Or when they gave out cans of coke.. And of course when we used to throw the apples and "nutrigrain" bars back at the houses we got them from! OK, not the world's nicest thing to do, but Halloween is for candy DANGIT!

My favorite thing to get were the Popeye candy cigarettes, those were awesome.. But any candy was pretty good. Also love gummy worms...

Super Moderator
    I give out the full size candy bars - Hershey's Almond, Hershey's Chocolate, 3 Muskateers, Snickers, KitKat, Milkyway, etc. It costs me a fortune, but it is such fun to see the kids faces when they see the full-size candy bars!

I give out the full size candy bars - Hershey's Almond, Hershey's Chocolate, 3 Muskateers, Snickers, KitKat, Milkyway, etc. It costs me a fortune, but it is such fun to see the kids faces when they see the full-size candy bars!
    Got an age limit on those "kids"? I might be encouraged to head out there in a few different costumes!

Also, can't beat the after Halloween candy specials.. Usually for about $15 you can fill a box! Not too bad... And it does keep for a little bit anyway...

OMG, Halloween, I love Halloween.....Its about the costumes, candies and the whole atmosphere which is created on every October 31. I celebrate Halloween every year with my friends, although I am not a kid anymore. In my opinion, one should celebrate Halloween, "the night of the dead".

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    OMG, Halloween, I love Halloween.....Its about the costumes, candies and the whole atmosphere which is created on every October 31. I celebrate Halloween every year with my friends, although I am not a kid anymore. In my opinion, one should celebrate Halloween, "the night of the dead".
    I have never considered Halloween the "night of the dead", although it is a night where many cultures sacrifice (give candy) to help ward off evil spirits and make way for their loved ones and ancestors on Day of the Dead, two days later.. At least as I understood it

Yeah, I have almost the similar concept regarding the Halloween. But I also consider it as "night of the dead", lol.....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ads