Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Once Upon a Time:

This is a discussion on Once Upon a Time: within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; [QUOTE=btreath9082;53279] Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull I have virtually tried each and every genuine shampoo which is available in the market. Head and shoulders, Vatika, Sunsilk, ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    [QUOTE=btreath9082;53279]
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post

    I have virtually tried each and every genuine shampoo which is available in the market. Head and shoulders, Vatika, Sunsilk, you name it and I have tried it.
    OMG, getting bold is the best advice by you, I wonder I have discussed this issue with so many people but no one gave me this advice. How would I look like being bald? That's the main concern.
    I stopped caring what people think a long time ago. if they don't like me because I'm bald then they can go.... I won't finish that...

    But anyway, if someone isn't going to like you because you are bald, then they are too shallow to want to hang around with at all. Besides, many women like bald men. Take Bruce Willis for example.. He went bald back a bit ago, and even though he's like 58 now, he's still a chick magnet

    And of course, a bald man always seems more sophisticated sipping a cup of coffee than someone with a full head of hair

  2. # ADS

  3. #22
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    3,249
    Hi "bprotsman

    It looks very interesting.

    I rarely look to see what's on the travel channel. I wish I had known that this series was starting on November 5th.

    Dangerous Grounds | About the Show

    Rose

  4. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    [QUOTE=MyMugsHalfFull;53302]
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post

    I stopped caring what people think a long time ago. if they don't like me because I'm bald then they can go.... I won't finish that...

    But anyway, if someone isn't going to like you because you are bald, then they are too shallow to want to hang around with at all. Besides, many women like bald men. Take Bruce Willis for example.. He went bald back a bit ago, and even though he's like 58 now, he's still a chick magnet

    And of course, a bald man always seems more sophisticated sipping a cup of coffee than someone with a full head of hair
    OMG, lol,.....
    That is right when you say that you should not be concerned regarding what people think about me. However, what if I myself don't like me being bald, lol.....that is the issue actually.
    And secondly, I am not as handsome as "Bruce Willis"; I am not a chick magnet anyway.
    Yeah I do completely agree that a bald man looks more sophisticated sipping a cup of coffee than a person wit a full head of hair.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  5. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Case in point:





    compared to:





    Of course, it's probably just because I am bald myself that I consider the "bald while drinking coffee" look better

  6. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    OMG, Is it your real picture or someone else's? This is a real cool dude, man......But the hair of the man in the picture below look really nice to me, lol.....Sorry, but yeah I like his hair.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    OMG, Is it your real picture or someone else's? This is a real cool dude, man......But the hair of the man in the picture below look really nice to me, lol.....Sorry, but yeah I like his hair.
    Nope. No pictures of me drinking coffee... Yet anyway... Whenever we drink coffee we are always too busy with the conversation at hand, or enjoying the coffee to take a picture

  8. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Nope. No pictures of me drinking coffee... Yet anyway... Whenever we drink coffee we are always too busy with the conversation at hand, or enjoying the coffee to take a picture
    By "we" do you mean you and your wife?
    You seem to really enjoy your relationship with your wife. I am really sort if getting hooked to this thing called "marriage" now but I am not sure whether I will be able to sustain my such emotions/feelings or not. I am a very emotional kind of person generally and my thoughts tend to change overnight. One night, I will be thinking to conquer the world and the next night, I will be just concentrating on getting married, giving birth to a child and getting settled in life. I am strange, yeah I am and I admit that.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  9. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    By "we" do you mean you and your wife?
    You seem to really enjoy your relationship with your wife. I am really sort if getting hooked to this thing called "marriage" now but I am not sure whether I will be able to sustain my such emotions/feelings or not. I am a very emotional kind of person generally and my thoughts tend to change overnight. One night, I will be thinking to conquer the world and the next night, I will be just concentrating on getting married, giving birth to a child and getting settled in life. I am strange, yeah I am and I admit that.
    People change. Situations change. The only constant in life is change. There are roller coasters of emotions, thoughts, feelings, that race through our minds every day. My relationship with my wife is different now, than it was say 3 years ago, and much more so with the addition of a baby.

    It's normal to have different thoughts and ambitions on a day to day basis, especially when one is under 30 and then again once they are over 40. And heck, every year in between. I have thoughts myself of conquering the world now and again However, my reasoning behind it might be a little bit different now than it was a few years ago.

    Dreams and ambitions have a way of changing on us as well. What we once thought we wanted when we were younger (Be a Rock Super Star with a huge mansion and 25 cars, and a huge swimming pool filled with JELLO....) aren't necessarily the things we want later on in life.

    You're normal. Although I don't really like that label... "Normal". What is "Normal"? Everyone is unique and different, and what is good for one person, may not necessarily apply to another person. People like to mush people together into groups for easier processing, but the truth of the matter is, while human beings may fit loosely into the same groups, you cannot pin someone to one particular group 100%.

    Anyway, it's perfectly alright to not know what you want in life, or to know where you are going. I know that from a very young age it is ingrained in us to "have a plan", "know where we are going", "have goals". This is true, it is good to have all those things, however, that being said all the best laid plans generally go to smoke when you hit the battlefield. If you had asked me 6 years ago, if I would have been married with a baby, and living where I am now, I would have called you crazy and laughed. It just wasn't in the cards so to speak. Life can change in an instant.

    It's good to have goals, dreams, and plans, however, at the same time, you need to be prepared for life to grab you by the nose and boot your butt down a different path when you least expect it

    Also, it's perfectly alright if you aren't really sure what you want out of life. Eventually, you'll figure it out

    A wise man once told me: "Keep Struggling. You will find your path." Much like a salmon swimming upstream, eventually we find our purpose in this life, and fulfill it.

    So, as a wise musician also once said "Don't worry. Be Happy."

    Try not to over think things.

  10. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Well, first of all, I agree that things, feelings and emotions do change in life but do they change so frequently and rapidly as in my life is a big question mark.
    I have a point regarding babies too, I have heard so many people say exactly what you have just said, that is, their marital relationships get much better after that baby. But I wonder why? Why does your marital relationship require the support of baby to get going? Doesn't that become a compromise instead of a relationship?
    Why aren't we able to concentrate on a one or maybe just a two point agenda? Why do we have so much stray thoughts?
    Thanks for categorizing me as "normal" lol, but honestly I do not consider myself as 100% normal, believe me.
    I am really apprehended regarding that "when" I will be able to determine what I actually want to do in my life. I am so much obsessed with this thing.
    Struggling, that is what I have been doing in my life to date from my early childhood.
    I agree though that one should try to be happy in life !







    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  11. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    Well, first of all, I agree that things, feelings and emotions do change in life but do they change so frequently and rapidly as in my life is a big question mark.
    I have a point regarding babies too, I have heard so many people say exactly what you have just said, that is, their marital relationships get much better after that baby. But I wonder why? Why does your marital relationship require the support of baby to get going? Doesn't that become a compromise instead of a relationship?
    Why aren't we able to concentrate on a one or maybe just a two point agenda? Why do we have so much stray thoughts?
    Thanks for categorizing me as "normal" lol, but honestly I do not consider myself as 100% normal, believe me.
    I am really apprehended regarding that "when" I will be able to determine what I actually want to do in my life. I am so much obsessed with this thing.
    Struggling, that is what I have been doing in my life to date from my early childhood.
    I agree though that one should try to be happy in life !



    I didn't say "better" I just said "different", in terms of the relationship with my wife with the addition of the baby.

    All the racing thoughts, the "what if's", the "maybes", the "what the heck am I going to do?", "Why am I here?", "What is my purpose?", "What should I do?" are all very common questions. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some of those same thoughts lying there in bed at 3AM unable to sleep sometimes. I don't get them as often as I once did, but they manifest themselves all the same.

    I also get those bigger questions such as "Why?", "What's the point?", "Why is humanity even here to begin with?", "Why the universe?" lol... So many questions, and so many of them will probably never be answered.

    I hope you also find time to talk about the way you feel with your friends and family. It's important. You'll find the more you talk with other people, the more you will see that those feelings are pretty common, and that you aren't alone in them. Of course there will be those that sort of laugh it off, and choose to just say they don't feel that way at least sometimes. Which to me would be a lie, but then, I can't really say that because no one can know for 100% certainty what someone else has gone through or is thinking.

    Just keep going, and trying to find your path. I find mostly what happens is it happens quite by accident. You're not really sure what you want to do, and you pick up a job doing something, and then during that job you find something you are good at, and you develop that skill, and then you go and get a job that utilizes that skill better.

    And wondering where you should go, what you should do, often times things happen by chance... I wound up in Central America because of a little mouse named "Stuart Little" the movie. My parents won a trip and they liked it so much they moved the entire family down there.. Haven't looked back since.

    I did go back, but I found I really didn't fit into that "world" any more... Even now... I have had dreams where I had gone back, strange and weird to say the least. But I know that is my subconscious dealing with my feelings of anxiety right now towards the new responsibility of the baby in the house. I wake up, shake off the dreams, as really I know I would never be able to fit in again there, much less impose a whole new set of rules on my family... So... Just saying that those kinds of thoughts exist even after you are getting things figured out...

    Even now, I wouldn't say I have everything figured out... But life is a journey, and while you might have a map, sometimes a detour here and there happens, whether planned by you or not.

    As long as we live every day with no regrets, and keep pushing on, eventually we will get to where we need to be. I'm a big fan of free will, however, I do think that we occasionally get a push in one direction or another...

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. That time again...
    By topher in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
  2. First time here.
    By rapisselehida in forum Coffee Beans & Espresso Beans
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 02:53 PM
  3. Time behind the bar?
    By villagejoe in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 10:51 AM
  4. Shot Time?
    By davidwhatley in forum Coffee and Espresso Machines
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 09:48 AM
  5. Part Time or Full Time (and other questions)
    By HVCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 10:47 PM