Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Upcoming Hurricane

This is a discussion on Upcoming Hurricane within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; I just read on the internet that the storm is now heading towards the northern part of Canada. They also said that it is almost ...

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    I just read on the internet that the storm is now heading towards the northern part of Canada. They also said that it is almost of the same intensity as the Sandy. If my memory is not weakened, I have never ever heard of a storm hitting Canada. I wonder why so much weather changes are occurring all around the globe, these days !
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  2. # ADS

  3. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    I just read on the internet that the storm is now heading towards the northern part of Canada. They also said that it is almost of the same intensity as the Sandy. If my memory is not weakened, I have never ever heard of a storm hitting Canada. I wonder why so much weather changes are occurring all around the globe, these days !
    PSSSST... Over here.... PSSSST.... *cough* Mayan Prophecy *Cough* *cough* 2012 *cough*

    clear throat.. sorry about that

    And storms have always hit Canada, although it is quite rare to have one of Sandy's league to hit.. Last one was I think Hazel if I am not mistaken..

  4. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    PSSSST... Over here.... PSSSST.... *cough* Mayan Prophecy *Cough* *cough* 2012 *cough*

    clear throat.. sorry about that

    And storms have always hit Canada, although it is quite rare to have one of Sandy's league to hit.. Last one was I think Hazel if I am not mistaken..

    OMG, why was your threat not getting clear? ehm ehm.......
    I think that I should watch more of Canadian news channels, lol.....
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post

    OMG, why was your threat not getting clear? ehm ehm.......
    I think that I should watch more of Canadian news channels, lol.....
    Nah, Canadian News Channels are boring... Really Boring... If you think CNN morning news is boring.. Try watching CTV news in the morning... Ugg... You need like 50 cups of coffee to make your way through it.. Although if you don't have to work, flip it on and go back to sleep for an hour

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Nah, Canadian News Channels are boring... Really Boring... If you think CNN morning news is boring.. Try watching CTV news in the morning... Ugg... You need like 50 cups of coffee to make your way through it.. Although if you don't have to work, flip it on and go back to sleep for an hour

    To be honest, according to my personal opinion, every news channel is boring until and unless you are a big big fan of politics. I just tend to watch the headlines after say every 4 to 5 hours or otherwise I have got a little interest in weather forecast but thanks to the Windows 7 weather gadget which keeps me updated regarding the local weather all the time on my laptop.
    I would prefer to just drink my coffee and then sleep rather than watching a boring news channel.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post

    To be honest, according to my personal opinion, every news channel is boring until and unless you are a big big fan of politics. I just tend to watch the headlines after say every 4 to 5 hours or otherwise I have got a little interest in weather forecast but thanks to the Windows 7 weather gadget which keeps me updated regarding the local weather all the time on my laptop.
    I would prefer to just drink my coffee and then sleep rather than watching a boring news channel.
    Not like there is any GOOD news anymore anyway... It all seems to be bad... You know that old saying "No news is good news".. Well it really does mean that if there is "no news" it is "good news" and at the same time is also means that "no news" is "good news" as they always tend to focus on the negative..

    As I mentioned in another thread, negative news seems to get all the attention.. There does not seem to be a really big demand for the news stories where everything turns out alright.. Case in point, there was a story here locally where they thought 5 fishermen were lost at sea... 3 days of coverage.. The fisherman were found... 5 minutes of coverage and then the rest was overwritten by something else...

    Just goes to show how morbid we are as human beings..

    O well... Sip that coffee, and let the warm caffeine and milk wash our worries away

  8. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Not like there is any GOOD news anymore anyway... It all seems to be bad... You know that old saying "No news is good news".. Well it really does mean that if there is "no news" it is "good news" and at the same time is also means that "no news" is "good news" as they always tend to focus on the negative..

    As I mentioned in another thread, negative news seems to get all the attention.. There does not seem to be a really big demand for the news stories where everything turns out alright.. Case in point, there was a story here locally where they thought 5 fishermen were lost at sea... 3 days of coverage.. The fisherman were found... 5 minutes of coverage and then the rest was overwritten by something else...

    Just goes to show how morbid we are as human beings..

    O well... Sip that coffee, and let the warm caffeine and milk wash our worries away
    You are so right when you say that they always try to focus more on negative. I always listen to the negative things in the news which anyone has done, scandals, negative propaganda, and so on. They would never tell you what good is going on around the world. Really, I get a real depression dose if and when I watch any news channel for some time. They give you the impression that the world is soon going to end, all the people around are liars, fraud, infidel and the ones who are just spreading negatives around.

    Yeah, I also agree that we have become so much insensitive, these days, we would just listen to an accident being covered by the news, 15 dead, 20 + wounded, change the channel, watch a movie and sleep.

    Interestingly, when I am replying to this thread, I am also having my morning coffee cup.
    Here I take a big sip of it, aaaaahhhhhhh,........Love it.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    You are so right when you say that they always try to focus more on negative. I always listen to the negative things in the news which anyone has done, scandals, negative propaganda, and so on. They would never tell you what good is going on around the world. Really, I get a real depression dose if and when I watch any news channel for some time. They give you the impression that the world is soon going to end, all the people around are liars, fraud, infidel and the ones who are just spreading negatives around.

    Yeah, I also agree that we have become so much insensitive, these days, we would just listen to an accident being covered by the news, 15 dead, 20 + wounded, change the channel, watch a movie and sleep.

    Interestingly, when I am replying to this thread, I am also having my morning coffee cup.
    Here I take a big sip of it, aaaaahhhhhhh,........Love it.

    Like Johnny Walker "Keeps on Walking"

    Us coffee Drinkers, keep on Sipping... LOL

    Incidentally, I don't watch the news anymore, I sometimes glance at it, but really, the really important stuff goes on right in front of you at home (Not saying that nothing else in the world is important, just the MOST important happens at home )

  10. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Like Johnny Walker "Keeps on Walking"

    Us coffee Drinkers, keep on Sipping... LOL

    Incidentally, I don't watch the news anymore, I sometimes glance at it, but really, the really important stuff goes on right in front of you at home (Not saying that nothing else in the world is important, just the MOST important happens at home )
    OMG, I sometimes really wonder (I am damn serious) how similar out thoughts are.
    I also don't watch the news anymore, just have a look at them twice or thrice a day while switching on the channels.
    The most important stuff, I guess is your daughter now.
    SAY "I LOVE YOU" TO EVERYONE YOU WANT TO, BEFORE ITS TOO LATE !

  11. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    OMG, I sometimes really wonder (I am damn serious) how similar out thoughts are.
    I also don't watch the news anymore, just have a look at them twice or thrice a day while switching on the channels.
    The most important stuff, I guess is your daughter now.
    Yep.. Although I do like to read the comics on the throne... Other than that, I find newspapers to be a waste of space. But they do make nice linings for bird cages...

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •