Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Driving me insane

This is a discussion on Driving me insane within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull Hang in there... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink! Keep doing the best you ...

Driving me insane

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Hang in there... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink!

Keep doing the best you can, and once that new opportunity works itself out, try and leave on the best terms possible. You may be going insane at her business practices, but remember that you don't want to burn all bridges too quickly...
    Absolutely because business opportunity could arise from me being afflicted with her. As she has been in busy for some time & knows connections into this coffee world I am so happily perusing. Who knows maybe she could become my employee one day if things don't work for her business. Thank you it is much appreciated that you've take time to help me. I needed outsiders opinions on things before I ending up doing or saying something I was going to regret.

2. # ADS

Driving me insane

Thanks Rose...things will get better for me again other opportunities are arising. Slowly I am making moves & changes. I really do appreciate all of you. I'm loving being a part of the forum. I feel as if I am making friends quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by BestestBarista View Post
    Absolutely because business opportunity could arise from me being afflicted with her. As she has been in busy for some time & knows connections into this coffee world I am so happily perusing. Who knows maybe she could become my employee one day if things don't work for her business. Thank you it is much appreciated that you've take time to help me. I needed outsiders opinions on things before I ending up doing or saying something I was going to regret.
    Having the connections is certainly a good thing, and using them to your advantage is a good thing as well.. However, I would not consider having your old boss as an employee, and certainly wouldn't broach the subject with her. Generally bosses don't make good employees, as a general rule.

However, being able to have the connections is good and it's always better to have an ally than an enemy.

Good luck in the new venture, crossing my fingers and hoping you get it

Super Moderator
    You may want to start keeping a small notebook in your pocket where you can write down the contact names and numbers of "good" suppliers, the coffee equipment models (it you like them), coffee drink recipes, bakery contacts, and any other information that you can collect. Once you leave, you won't have access to that information.

Driving me insane

Quote Originally Posted by MyMugsHalfFull View Post
    Having the connections is certainly a good thing, and using them to your advantage is a good thing as well.. However, I would not consider having your old boss as an employee, and certainly wouldn't broach the subject with her. Generally bosses don't make good employees, as a general rule.

However, being able to have the connections is good and it's always better to have an ally than an enemy.

Good luck in the new venture, crossing my fingers and hoping you get it
    Thank you so much, I'm sure that everything will work out just fine for me. I have a lot of experience behind me with the barista skills including business management & marketing skills.

Driving me insane

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    You may want to start keeping a small notebook in your pocket where you can write down the contact names and numbers of "good" suppliers, the coffee equipment models (it you like them), coffee drink recipes, bakery contacts, and any other information that you can collect. Once you leave, you won't have access to that information.
    I'm not planning on leaving here without any information but I know that I could always return & ask her questions. She's not like that, she just doesn't have enough skills to run this place & keep in floating much longer in my opinion but who knows. Thanks for the advice anyway.

Super Moderator
    Even though you feel that she's family and she's "not like that", please keep in mind that when people are under stress, they tend to change. Jealousy, competition, resentment, feelings of abandonment, etc. have a way of clouding a person's otherwise pleasant and caring demeanor. All I'm saying is that it's best to aways keep your guard up. Dear friends can turn into total enemies in a blink of an eye!

Driving me insane

Even though you feel that she's family and she's "not like that", please keep in mind that when people are under stress, they tend to change. Jealousy, competition, resentment, feelings of abandonment, etc. have a way of clouding a person's otherwise pleasant and caring demeanor. All I'm saying is that it's best to aways keep your guard up. Dear friends can turn into total enemies in a blink of an eye!
    You are exactly right I've seen it before. I guess I do need to extremely careful of how much information I take from here because of those things also. I know that regardless of any of that it will put work out the way it is suppose to. But I am aware of how bad it can get.

Rose is right... She might even be fine with you leaving etc, but when you go back to get "tips of the trade" she might change her tune completely.... I have seen it happen before..

So get all the information you can, develop relationships with suppliers, clients, and see where you go from there..

I was just thinking how great this thread is. It is all positive. We've heard BestestBaristas side of the story but we have no mulit-perspecive idea of who "her" is and her thoughts on all of this. And yet no angst, no bashing, no piling on. How very balanced and . . . well . . . thoughtful of everyone. Since BestestBarista is the one we're corresponding with it would be easy to take her side yet everyone is giving such reasoned and measured advice. Well done! Makes me glad to be associaed with this forum.

Best to you BestestBarista, you'll land on your feet and do well. And kudos to all the posters to this thread!
    Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been -- Jimmy Buffett (via Mark Twain)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ads