Sick

This is a discussion on Sick within the Off Topic forums, part of the Community Board category; My apologize that I have no been posting lately but I have fallen ill & am barely able to hold my head up long enough ...

Sick

My apologize that I have no been posting lately but I have fallen ill & am barely able to hold my head up long enough to even see who's come to visit me. I am getting better, seems I have caught a virus of some sort & also was recently diagnosed with 2 ovarian cysts. I will be returning to work work tomorrow & certainly hope to continue to be able to post more now that I am coming to the end of whatever virus I might have picked up. It does not surprise me that I came down with something seeing that I work with the public all day long. Either that or putting in so many hours at the coffee shop as in turn run my body down that I was more susceptible to catching something that my immune system must have been lowered but I m back & feeling a little better. Again I apologize for my lack of activity.

2. # ADS

Super Moderator
    Hi "BestestBarista"

No need to apologize....you've been more active than most people lately.

I hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Working with the public certainly has its hazards. I'm constantly on the lookout for sniffling-sneezy people, and I constantly wash my hands and disinfect the phone, cash register, counters, etc. However, I still get zapped with a "bug" once in a while.

Has the owner taken over your shift, or did she bring in someone else to help her?

Hang in there. This too will pass, and soon you'll be good as new.

Rose

Super Moderator
    Ditto...feel better soon! I guess I am just lucky...I have been dealing with customers F O R E V E R! I mean I have bee working with forever. I have never gotten sick except once about 12 years ago from food poisoning. Now watch tomorrow I will have the flu Anyhooo...speedy recovery.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Sick

No Rose, she just opened the shop later in the day but I am back at it now so we will see. I think I just got way run down & caught whatever the heck it was. I feel much better now & I'm back on my schedule.

Ads