Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi
    Thanks for all

It’s good that some of us are doing well. For example, everything is not going very smoothly in my business. Two days ago, my best barista was very burned, making a latte. Now I am in search of a new employee.

Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    It’s good that some of us are doing well. For example, everything is not going very smoothly in my business. Two days ago, my best barista was very burned, making a latte. Now I am in search of a new employee.
    That sucks. How can that happen?
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Super Moderator
    Yeah...how did your best barista get burned?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

I also do not understand how your barista could get burned .. For example, my staff has been using leather aprons for a long time at work. If you're interested, I bought here custom aprons https://olpr.com/collections/aprons

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ilinna View Post
    I also do not understand how your barista could get burned .. For example, my staff has been using leather aprons for a long time at work. If you're interested, I bought here custom aprons https://olpr.com/collections/aprons
    Any person, who is making steaming hot beverages, always has a risk of being burned. A slight clumsy "oops" can result in the hot liquid ending up on the person's hands, and severely scalding their skin. That would be enough to knock them out of work for a while.

Super Moderator
    I have been in coffee my whole life. The only time I have been burned is from a roaster or from hot water from the hot water tap. I struggled to see how someone could be burned. Then a day later we had an employee burn his whole left arm in the kettle(where they boil the bagels before baking). I mean how does one submerge their whole arm in a kettle with boiling water?? I mean anything is possible I guess. I guess our employees are just geniuses

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I have been in coffee my whole life. The only time I have been burned is from a roaster or from hot water from the hot water tap. I struggled to see how someone could be burned. Then a day later we had an employee burn his whole left arm in the kettle(where they boil the bagels before baking). I mean how does one submerge their whole arm in a kettle with boiling water?? I mean anything is possible I guess. I guess our employees are just geniuses

Recently, in the café where I work, the owners put new marble counter tops on the counters in the work area. They decided to put the marble slabs on top of the old counter tops, which raised them by about a half inch or so. Over the years, I have been so conditioned to smoothly moving cups of hot beverages from one counter to the other, that I didn't expect the counter top to be higher. On my first day with the new counter tops, I misjudged the height and I bumped a cup of hot tea that didn't have a lid on it, and I got splashed with the hot water. I ended up with splash burns and blisters on my hand. That hurt like hell.

I'm definitely not a genius - but I can be a bit clumsy at times. So, I can easily see how those types of accidents can happen.

Submerging a whole arm into a kettle of boiling water is a whole different story. Did the guy say how he managed to do that?

Super Moderator
    I have it on video. He was cleaning the kettle. He leaned on his left arm by the top rim. He proceeded to wipe the sides of the kettle and his left arm slipped into the water all the way to his pit. It was not pretty.
    Life at the coffee shop-kettle.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links