Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi, I'm very sorry about that but you can find a lot of places that can help you. Even online you can find help. I wish you good luck!

The post is certainly old, I would like to hope that the author is doing well. How many examples have I had in my life, how many problems are caused by alcohol problems. Many are helped by Alcoholics Anonymous. But the main thing, of course, is the desire of the alcoholic himself to quit drinking, without this no treatment will help.
    Advertising URL in Signature Line was Removed by a Moderator

Currently for me I can try and boil my situation down to these three things:

1.Influence - Avoid people and places (I've turned down quite a few invites now) and you need to also use planner if you cannot avoid a venue where there could be temptation.

2.Routine - Need to make some relatively big changes; for me activities and behaviours when I would have usually have been buying and then binging (i.e. gym, hobbies etc).

3.Education - for at least the first three weeks I listened to alcohol related audiobooks. Essentially the aim is to fundamentally alter my perception of what alcohol is.
    Underlying the above was also the strong feeling that now was the time, and I WANT to stop
    Last edited by streem26; 09-29-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiipper View Post
    You don’t have to go through recovery alone, it is very hard if since you've been drinking for a long time. Many people who struggle with alcohol addiction find it difficult or impossible to quit without the help or support of others. I've gone through it myself. There are many professionals and support groups designed to get you the help you need. You will increase your chance of a full recovery with the help of a dedicated treatment center. I did it with the help of lifeline.org.uk Get in touch with a treatment provider and find best rehabilitation facility that’s right for you. Don't let the alcohol to ruin your live.
    I also was addicted to alcohol and only through the help and support of my closest friends I succeeded to get out of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links