Thread: Alcohol addict

Alcohol addict

I really want to quit alcohol from my life. It is destroying my life. I used to drink alcohol from my childhood. My father encouraged me, and he never thought that it will affect my life in such a negative manner. After I get drunk, I totally lose control over myself. I will become very angry and violent. I know that my family is suffering because of this, and I tried to quit this habit several times. But, at that time, I will become sick and will start shivering. It feels as though this alcohol is making me move on. Is this a disease? I am in search of alcohol rehabs near to Toronto. When I browsed through the internet, I came across Bellwood Health Services ( Residential Treatment Program | Alcohol Recovery Centre - Bellwood Health Services, Toronto ). My neighbors also told that the treatment over there is effective. Is there anybody over here who have visited rehab centers? How much time will it take to quit my bad habit completely? Any advice is greatly recommended.

Super Moderator
    Hello "wrenchrob"

I've known a lot of people who have gone through what you're experiencing. Since you've tried on your own to quit drinking alcohol, with no success, it sounds like it's time for you to go to a residential treatment facility, where you can get some professional help and encouragement. In less than 30 days time, you'll be well on your way to kicking your addiction to alcohol.

However, don't be surprised if you suddenly discover that you totally enjoy the taste of coffee during the process of kicking your alcohol addiction. Many people turn to coffee as a replacement for alcohol. Drinking coffee is a better alternative, and it doesn't make you do crazy things or get yourself into trouble.

Best wishes to you in the days ahead.

Rose

I can relate to your journey/struggles, Wrenchrob.

Let me suggest that you look into Teen Challenge. I was on staff at the local center for a while, and currently volunteer many hours. The name is a bit misleading, as you have to be 18 to enter the program, and most are in their 30's and up. They have the highest success rate of any rehab programs, and I've seen it work miracles.

Can u give me details?

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Hello "wrenchrob"

I've known a lot of people who have gone through what you're experiencing. Since you've tried on your own to quit drinking alcohol, with no success, it sounds like it's time for you to go to a residential treatment facility, where you can get some professional help and encouragement. In less than 30 days time, you'll be well on your way to kicking your addiction to alcohol.

However, don't be surprised if you suddenly discover that you totally enjoy the taste of coffee during the process of kicking your alcohol addiction. Many people turn to coffee as a replacement for alcohol. Drinking coffee is a better alternative, and it doesn't make you do crazy things or get yourself into trouble.

Best wishes to you in the days ahead.

Rose
    Yeah. That is a good idea.

I can totally sympathize. I drink too much alcohol and am trying to get away from it. I'm hoping coffee can be a good substitute for the void it will leave in my life when I don't drink. Best of luck to you. Stay strong!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links