Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Could coffee affect your hearing capacity?

Hey guys! My mom is 45 years old and I believe that she is slowly losing her hearing capacity. Well, it's not that serious, but she does find difficulty in understanding things clearly over phone and when talking from long distance. But, she doesn't have the habit of listening to loud noises, nor she uses headphones. Then what do you think could be the reason for her to hear less. Do you think it's cause of the age? Well, discussing about this to my friend, she asked me whether my mom drinks coffee or not. Well, my mom does and she just cant start and end the day without a cup of coffee. It seems like, too much of caffeine can reduce the ability of your ears to recover from the temporary damages caused by loud sounds. She even shared me this blog that gives a complete explanation of how caffeine could effect the hearing capacity. https://www.hearingsolutions.ca/blog...d-hearing-loss But, on the other hand, I'm pretty much a coffee type too and I use headphones all the time. So, far, I've got no problem with my ears. Why do you think that is? You think it would affect me after a particular age?

I don't think so. I am a coffee drinker ever since I can remember but I do not have any problem with my hearing.

I never heard of coffee doing that, however alchohol is supposed to cause issues with the inner ear not being able to suppress loud noises hence causing hearing loss.

Len
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." ~Flash Rosenberg

Super Moderator
    Haha...not sure if I am supposed to get offended by the age comment or not...I guess I am too old to understand. I am 45 soon to be 46. I have been in coffee for 28 years and drink about 2 pots of coffee a day. Even though I am 45 I am still a big kid. I have a ridiculous sound system in my ridiculously small car. So lets see...old(45) drinks a large amount of coffee and subjects self to loud sounds....I have excellent hearing. My wife would disagree but that is what us men call selective hearing.
    Could coffee affect your hearing capacity?-car.jpg
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Topher... you and I need to hang... LOL. I'm cough... cough... 47 and I attend concerts regularly (once every two weeks?)... drink plenty of coffee and have no hearing loss. I will advocate for good musician plugs at a concert though... probably helps me keep my hearing.

Super Moderator
    Lol! A few weeks ago I went and saw Reagan Youth and Dead kennedys...I always so i am not going in the pit..but the next day I am always covered in bruises!
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by chirmflask View Post
    I don't think so. I am a coffee drinker ever since I can remember but I do not have any problem with my hearing.

I agree with you. I'm a coffee drinker too.

To be honest, I don't think they even considered researching on the topic. I also been a big coffee drinker and I have 0 problems with my hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa.Faulk View Post
    To be honest, I don't think they even considered researching on the topic. I also been a big coffee drinker and I have 0 problems with my hearing.
    really? I am also a heavy coffee drinker, actually, I drink coffee for living, ha ha ha. But recently, after 24 years of marriage & very long history of coffee drinking, it seems like I am losing my hearing more and more.... specially when my wife is talking to me about house remodeling, buying new clothing, needing a new car...etc. come to think of it, I am not so sure it is the coffee? or 24 years of ear abuse....

My wife tells me I have "selective hearing".

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links