Exclamation A New Way to Brew Coffee

I found this new brewing system that we have been using at work. Let me know what you think of it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...l-french-press

Super Moderator
    Do you work for this company?
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Yes, I would like to know what people think of it and get some feedback.

I am sure there are several forum members who would give you an honest review if you send your product to test.
    If you actually want feedback at this stage, that's what you need to do.

Asking for or soliciting funds should never enter into the equation.
    And contribute something worthwhile to the forum. Engage in conversations and establish that you have actual coffee knowledge beyond that of salesperson.
    Last edited by John P; 11-15-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    caffedbolla.com

Banned
    kind of practical and simple yet forward thinking devise if it works perfect. I would not know whether it will work perfect because I have never tested one yet.
    for over 20 years, I was in Electronic consumer product business, in theory and design, it looks darn good, but after actual tooling is done and get the completed unit on my hand for testing, that is entirely different story.

however, for this Versa devise (good name though.... also isn't it Nissan Versa car name?), it is very simple & reversed design of traditional French press.
    I can see it might work well.

So, would I buy one? (by the way, how much is the price?) probably not. because I already have two different types of French Press and many many travel insulated mugs (yes, I need to get rid of quite a few.. too many). For me, I do not see a lot of benefit buying this Versa and using it exclusively daily. I rather still use my French Press and then pour over the coffee into my travel mug. To say frankly, the time of doing this and using Versa might be about the same. Just only few seconds difference.

So, If someone do not have a good French press nor travel mug, yes, I can see them buying it.
    but besides the curiosity factory, if you have both already, I do not see the need to buy it.

Anyway, good luck.

The difference with the Vera is that it allows you to remove the grounds from your french press so it doesn't go bitter, it also allows you to add cream and sugar. Something that currently can't be done with a traditional travel french presses.

Banned
    before you can travel, you can make coffee from French Press and pour over that coffee in to insulated coffee mug to add cream and sugar (or better not add them if it is good coffee). However, like some of my customers, if you are going to travel for many days, and can not carry French press and insulated mug, there are few other choices.
    1. carry Aeropress which is very common among my customers.
    2. Just visit local specialty coffee shops
    3. when you visit coffee farms or coops (I work in Guatemala selling green beans), no need to worry about making your own coffee. they will offer you as much as you want to drink. (but I can not promise you that will be some good coffee ha ha ha)
    4. use instant coffee when there are nothing good or at least consistently decent.

However, yes, your devise seems to be an interesting product.
    I would not mind using one and test it out.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links