Simple tips to save energy at home and office

For most people, bills are part of their priority list (including me). Aside from usual stuff like turning lights and devices off when not in use and not leaving the charger plugged in for too long, what else do you do to save on your monthly electric bill?

go on vacation and leave the house lol

Lol @erinchelsea. You must be kidding! By the way, @DianaScott. I also apply some traditional energy saving tips. To add to that, I also use led lights. Energy efficient light bulbs such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps or CFLs, and light emitting diodes or LEDS can be a big help in saving energy. But, on the other hand, most companies are considering a consultant to work with their utilities and energy savings.
    Last edited by Hildred_Wilcox; 12-06-2016 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by erinchelsea View Post
    go on vacation and leave the house lol
    lol. I used to do that but had me paying my credit cards every month!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildred_Wilcox View Post
    Lol @erinchelsea. You must be kidding! By the way, @DianaScott. I also apply some traditional energy saving tips. To add to that, I also use led lights. Energy efficient light bulbs such as halogen incandescents, compact fluorescent lamps or CFLs, and light emitting diodes or LEDS can be a big help in saving energy. But, on the other hand, most companies are considering a consultant to work with their utilities and energy savings.
    Traditional is always the way to go when it comes to saving energy at home, right?

Companies need consultants to identify the best areas they could save costs on and to make sure they abide by energy benchmarking laws.

Super Moderator
    Hello DianaScott,

I'm not sure about anyone else on this Forum, but I've been getting tons of annoying phone calls at home and at work with people claiming to be able to "save us money" on our electricity bills.

I have a feeling that you're leading up to a possible sales pitch. Am I right?

Rose

Hello Diana, what we do on our house to save electricity bills are .
    1. We turn off our Refrigerator - if we don't have anything that we would like to be frozen or store. We just turn it off. We know that it is one of the appliances that consumes alot of energy.
    2. Here in Panama, we do not use appliances for heating like electric stove or electric boilers. We do use a Iron but not everyday.
    3. Unplugging all appliances that is not needed. Like example when you are done watching TV make sure you unplug it so that there's no energy consumes. I read this on publishers magazines.

Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Gustavo Woltmann

I guess energy efficient window installation can help to some extent. I have read an article which says about cost effective and energy efficient windows. May be you should give it a try.

Every part of world have this problem. The finest thing you can do is to use available natural resources like sunlight or solar energy to produce electricity.

I hope I am not late to discussion. I'd to like share an infographic on saving energy costs which was very famous among us mainly because it mentioned some unique ways to save energy costs. It may not be very effective but can definitely contribute to the idea of saving. You can find the infographic here: https://www.clerawindows.com/blog/ho...-energy-costs/

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links