how to cut costs on businesses?

Before my dad retired, he told us that he would like top open a coffee shop that he would personally manage. Because he loves coffee so much, he bought roasting machine and really studied how to roast beans, where to buy the best ones, etc... Then a few years later, he opened his own coffee shop. He is asking me to look for reliable ways to cut costs out of the business and create greater efficiency. One of his top five operational expenses is telecom costs, which is why he wants to adopt a formal procure-to-pay system. I'm honestly not familiar with it, anyone can help me with this?

Google it. Sounds like you are making it too difficult. Not sure how high telecom costs relate to streamlining a coffee shop to a formal procure to pay methodology. I would look at some different things first but also question why the leading expense of a coffee shop is telecom.

Quote Originally Posted by chirmflask View Post
    Before my dad retired, he told us that he would like top open a coffee shop that he would personally manage. Because he loves coffee so much, he bought roasting machine and really studied how to roast beans, where to buy the best ones, etc... Then a few years later, he opened his own coffee shop. He is asking me to look for reliable ways to cut costs out of the business and create greater efficiency. One of his top five operational expenses is telecom costs, which is why he wants to adopt a formal procure-to-pay system. I'm honestly not familiar with it, anyone can help me with this?
    out

I'm just doing the traditional ways of minimizing business costs preferably in terms of electricity. Anyway, I knew about procure to pay thru a business colleague. I heard him said it has many benefits especially about automation as it makes more efficient to business. But, I'm not aware about the the process.

you would need to have an old style PDX system connected to 100 hard wired phones with people answering calls 24 hours a day. And then it would probably cost more to run an ice machine.
    Telecomm.. not expensive. The power is very minimal.

I would ask to see specific numbers, such as bills and usage. I think he is either being screwed by the service or he is mistaken.
    Something's not right.
    John Piquet
    caffe d'bolla
    Salt Lake City, UT
    caffedbolla.com

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links