Additives and preservatives in our food supply

If it's not GMO or genetically modified organisms in our cereals, or MSG in pretty much every bag of potato chip, can of soup, then it's something else.

Unless someone's real well off, it's almost an impossibility to eat organic food all the time.

I'd been around for 44 years and I can remember how much better cereal and even chocolate bars tasted, 30
    plus years ago. And recently, I'd bought a box of Boo Berry cereal. It tasted absolutely nothing like it did way
    back when! Synthetic garbage is mostly what's being sold in supermarkets these days.

Kellogg's, Post, General Mills should be ashamed. It's all about the money though, and I'm sure it's not searing
    their conscience. The stake and shareholders must make their profit, with no regard what they're putting their
    stake in.

There definitely isn't anything like home grown good food. I've grown my own peppers and tomatoes and just those compared to the grocery store are leaps and bounds tastier.

Quote Originally Posted by javacentral View Post
    There definitely isn't anything like home grown good food. I've grown my own peppers and tomatoes and just those compared to the grocery store are leaps and bounds tastier.
    I'll bet it is! I remember the taste of home grown food, and it did taste much better, no doubt! And it's expensive to buy organic produce all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffcan View Post
    If it's not GMO or genetically modified organisms in our cereals, or MSG in pretty much every bag of potato chip, can of soup, then it's something else.

Unless someone's real well off, it's almost an impossibility to eat organic food all the time.

I'd been around for 44 years and I can remember how much better cereal and even chocolate bars tasted, 30
    plus years ago. And recently, I'd bought a box of Boo Berry cereal. It tasted absolutely nothing like it did way
    back when! Synthetic garbage is mostly what's being sold in supermarkets these days.

Kellogg's, Post, General Mills should be ashamed. It's all about the money though, and I'm sure it's not searing
    their conscience. The stake and shareholders must make their profit, with no regard what they're putting their
    stake in.
    Booberry. I do remember that it tasted WAY better when they used to pick the dingleberries from rotted corpses in haunted old graveyards.

Len
    Last edited by coffeeroastersclub; 01-08-2017 at 08:06 AM.
    "I believe humans get a lot done, not because we're smart, but because we have thumbs so we can make coffee." ~Flash Rosenberg

Quote Originally Posted by coffeeroastersclub View Post
    Booberry. I do remember that it tasted WAY better when they used to pick the dingleberries from rotted corpses in haunted old graveyards.

Len
    Now those were the days! 100% organic back then. Once you picked a couple of teeth out, you were good to go!

Try looking a farmers market in your area. The produce there is often times cheaper and way better for you than the organic food at the grocery stores.

I will repeat what I saw on a poster at the gym. Food doesn't have labels, products have labels.

I am lucky enough to have a lot of farms in our local area. We rarely have to go to a grocery store. We are even able to get raw milk (which goes great in a latte). We only go to the grocery store for stuff like junk food (can't give it all up).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links