Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what can you say about food safety in fastfood restaurants?

Hi everyone! Iím sure most of you have eaten at a fast food restaurant, have you seen how they prepare the food? Reaching into one set of ingredients and then another, and theyíre handling it all. They are wiping off counters with a wet cloth that has been around all morning, yes they have plastic over their hands, but what if they donít change their gloves? Theyíve probably transferred a vast population of microbes from the cloth onto the food and contaminate it. No wonder there are a lot of food borne illnesses experienced today. Isnít there a Food Safety Modernization Act that aims to ensure the U.S. food supply is safe?

Super Moderator
    HAHA! Take the https://www.servsafe.com/ class and you will not eat out for months!!
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    HAHA! Take the https://www.servsafe.com/ class and you will not eat out for months!!
    Yup. I certainly agree with that.

Chirmflask noticed how careless people are in fast food restaurants, and it's without taking that food safety class.

After taking that class, many years ago, I cut down on eating out at restaurants a lot.

I've even become so cautious that, when a server brings my food, I look at where his or her thumb is holding the plate, and if it's touching the food, I don't eat that part of it.

Rose

How many coffee shops place the lid on your coffee cup with bare hands and nobody complains. Topher is correct. Take the course and see what is required for food safety and you will never leave your kitchen.
    Charlie
    If you are afraid of failure or losing money, quit while you are ahead

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Yup. I certainly agree with that.

Chirmflask noticed how careless people are in fast food restaurants, and it's without taking that food safety class.

After taking that class, many years ago, I cut down on eating out at restaurants a lot.

I've even become so cautious that, when a server brings my food, I look at where his or her thumb is holding the plate, and if it's touching the food, I don't eat that part of it.

Rose
    My server had had his finger in part of my food and I refused the entire meal. I was at the bar and ordered a drink and noticed the bartender had his finger in the glass as he poured. When asked why I was told he was going blind and his finger was used as a stopping point when he poured. Needless to say I did not take the drink
    Charlie

Banned
    I agreed with all of you about food safety in this country or other 1st world countries.
    However, where I work (Guatemala coffee country), no one complains about food safety. They (vendors) just politely asked us to develop immune system :+) which I and many others did. Then, we realized that how wonderful the street foods can be.

what can you say about food safety in fastfood restaurants?-4476239952_f620b1ca20_o-min.jpgwhat can you say about food safety in fastfood restaurants?-df_cocuyos_chopping.pngwhat can you say about food safety in fastfood restaurants?-street_food_vendors_.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 07-06-2017 at 08:19 AM.

Totally agree Alex about street food. It is the best. Every time I visit Taiwan I look for the best food which is always at the night market street vendors
    Charlie

I have a guilty pleasure. I just LOVE Starbucks. I love everything about them. Every time I see an article about how good they are doing or how good they are, I applaud silently! However, the other day, I got some coffee from Starbucks and I was not too happy with how they handled my drink. First, I heard them talking while they were making my drink. One guy asked why he is putting the milk before the syrup as per training and the other guy said, it really doesn't matter. I don't know a lot about coffee making - I just drink them - but if it is in their training, I think it is important, don't you think?

Second, my goodness, can they not talk too much in front or rather on top of my open coffee cup that they happen to be making? I mean, I could see saliva coming out of their mouth and all their laughing and half-cussing? Come on! Long story short, I did not have my Starbucks fill that day and have been torturing myself with plain old brewed coffee from home.

Super Moderator
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    darn it! I am buying a new coffee maker tomorrow and start making my own coffee at home ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links