Banned

Internet knowledge + abraham lincoln + chess + pigeon - internet coffee info

I am "tying to be" plant based food person. I am not 100% yet, but keep trying. (it is a good thing that coffee (black coffee) is one of greatest plant based food :+)

anyway, I was reading about vegan info, I came across these couple of quotes that I would like to share with our forum friends.
    I thought that they were funny and meaningful.

Internet knowledge + abraham lincoln + chess + pigeon - internet coffee info-dont-believe-everything-internet.jpg

I must admit that I am one of them. I get a lot of info from internet and even post them (specially coffee jokes and coffee mug, LOL) here in the forum. however, I do not pretend that all the info were came from my own experience. And the info from internet, A LOT OF THEM are not correct (such as coffee being 2nd ranked commodity in the world).

Internet knowledge + abraham lincoln + chess + pigeon - internet coffee info-e8383be7813f2e37e0fca6964fd3d7a7-chess-funny-shit.jpg

a year or more ago, via forum, I ran into a lot of people who are like pigeons. They only believe what they read in internet and tried to argue, specially about fairtrade, rainforest and so forth. I am there, right next to coffee farmers, workers, milling companies..etc, so I know bit more than other people who has never ever even been to any coffee producing country and who completely relies on internet info about any sort of coffee subjects. So, when I discuss / argue, I know that I am arguing with a pigeon. I will never win, but I guess it is not about winning. I just hope that I won't be one of those pigeons that gets all their info from internet and piss on others and strut like they have won.

anyway, i put this "off topic" but I feel that it happens a lot in this forum and generally in life.
    thanks for reading.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    So, when I discuss / argue, I know that I am arguing with a pigeon. I will never win, but I guess it is not about winning. I just hope that I won't be one of those pigeons that gets all their info from internet and piss on others and strut like they have won.

anyway, i put this "off topic" but I feel that it happens a lot in this forum and generally in life.
    thanks for reading.
    If we all check our sources and logically evaluate the information before we share it, our "chess board" will be less messy.

By the way, I really like the Abraham Lincoln quote. I saved it for future use. Thanks for finding it.

Rose

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links