Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Ahh an Srt4 I would always have to watch out for those, if they were really worked they could be a problem. At the time I had a decently worked 335i, ran into my fair share of neon's strong 2/3rd gear no top end unless worked right. I am with you I HATE large heavy vehicles.

I love the BRZ, but not much speed in the thing. Great design, great chassis set up etc. but the motor left a lot to be desired for me anyhow. You can always tweek it and I think they are offering a Sti version so there is hope for speed. Regardless it has to be faster than the iQ stock as well.

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I miss my old Srt4. Ridiculously fast. I need something small...hate big cars. Wish I had a supercharger for my IQ. Maybe that is an option. lol. I like the Subaru BRZ. We will see.

Super Moderator
    The motorized bike I built is faster than the IQ.Who likes CARS here?-screenshot_20180405-170634_gallery.jpg
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    The motorized bike I built is faster than the IQ.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180405-170634_Gallery.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	9592
    I remember you telling me that you recently finished building that bike.

Considering your apparent "need for speed," do you wear a helmet when you ride it?

Just wondering ~

~ Rose

When I was younger I had a 64 Impala, 66 GTO and a 69 SS Chevelle but I soon realized what a money pit they were and started a long love affair with pickups. Then I had a couple Broncos but my last three cars have been Buicks, nice and big smooth riders. I just picked up an 08 Lucerne and man what a nice riding car these are.

A few yeas back when my wife's dad passed away he had a 89 Sierra that none of the kids wanted so I picked it up pretty cheap. It only has 78k miles on it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who likes CARS here?-gedc0088-2-.jpg  

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post

Considering your apparent "need for speed," do you wear a helmet when you ride it?

Just wondering ~

~ Rose
    I plead the 5th.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Not in FL, no need for the plead!

I plead the 5th.

Funny you say this. I just made a car reference on a keurig thread.

I personally would rather drive a previously owned car that I like instead of a new car that is boring. Now that I have 3 kids, I look for a car that will fit all of their crap and any friends I have to cart around to different events and deal with the boring while living vicariously through old episodes of Top Gear.

And as I launch my roasting business, I know quite well that I will never get to a financial point of owning that 2004-06 Ford GT that I have always wanted unless I win the Powerball. And if I do win the lottery, it will be white with blue racing stripes. The only reason millennials do not care about cars is because they can't find jobs with useless degrees.

Matt hows it going? A Ford guy huh, those Ford GT's dipped in value for a while because build quality isn't the best. Marvelous motor & chassis but everything else is ehh, especially those round seat "things" that pop out lol, still a sexy machine! Are they still trading for 85-110k, or have they appreciated like everything else?

I agree with you regarding new cars BUT the new Ford GT is a masterpiece, an exception to this feeling we both share. Man that is some machine, they have so many innovations and great engineering in that car it is far far ahead of its time. I know its a 6 but man it's otherworldly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreenBean View Post
    Funny you say this. I just made a car reference on a keurig thread.

I personally would rather drive a previously owned car that I like instead of a new car that is boring. Now that I have 3 kids, I look for a car that will fit all of their crap and any friends I have to cart around to different events and deal with the boring while living vicariously through old episodes of Top Gear.

And as I launch my roasting business, I know quite well that I will never get to a financial point of owning that 2004-06 Ford GT that I have always wanted unless I win the Powerball. And if I do win the lottery, it will be white with blue racing stripes. The only reason millennials do not care about cars is because they can't find jobs with useless degrees.

As far as the future is concerned , I think owning a car will not be a big thing. With these big corparation doing tests on driveless cars I think that is where we are heading, or something like cars on demand (uber without human drivers). And payment for these cars will be powered by blockchain technologies like IOTA

With driverless cars there must be discussion of blockchain lol - looking forward to this great evolution!

Quote Originally Posted by roncooper View Post
    As far as the future is concerned , I think owning a car will not be a big thing. With these big corparation doing tests on driveless cars I think that is where we are heading, or something like cars on demand (uber without human drivers). And payment for these cars will be powered by blockchain technologies like IOTA

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links