Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    in my opinion there is nothing worse than when a car breaks down on the road

Quote Originally Posted by darla View Post
    in my opinion there is nothing worse than when a car breaks down on the road
    There is something worse than that. When the driver of a car is so bad that they drive the car right off the road, down an embankment and it blows up. It blows up real good. Now THAT is worse than the car breaking down on the road.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    There is something worse than that. When the driver of a car is so bad that they drive the car right off the road, down an embankment and it blows up. It blows up real good. Now THAT is worse than the car breaking down on the road.
    There are times when I've had someone tailgating me, swerving in and out of the lanes, and speeding recklessly - and I've wished that that person would drive off the road and down an embankment.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    Not even close, MM62. I took away my mon's car key about 3 years ago *she is now 85* because he was keep having accidents so frequently that we had to took her car key. can you imagine getting a call 6 o'clock in the morning from a police saying that my mom ran over and killed an infant and her mom who were crossing a street?
    that could be an ultimate nightmare....
    True but that is a somewhat different issue than just having a car break down on the road. It's called managing an aging parent. And that has far more implications than just her hurting someone, although that is probably the worst thing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    There are times when I've had someone tailgating me, swerving in and out of the lanes, and speeding recklessly - and I've wished that that person would drive off the road and down an embankment.
    I think we all have.

I used to be into cars when I was in my late teens, and through my twenties. Basically, when I couldn't afford a decent one. I got interested in other things, and never really thought about cars in any other way than to get me from A-B. However, when I last changed my car, I decided I'd get something fun. My previous car was a Hyundai Santa Fe, and although it was comfortable, reliable, and excellent in deep snow, it was expensive on brakes, and drank gas like you wouldn't believe. It was also one of the most boring cars I've ever driven. I wanted something small, quick and cheap. I drive less than 7000km a year. No point in spending a fortune on something that WILL rust here. I looked at a Golf GTI, but the VW dealer here is sketchy, and VW has something of a history of not the greatest reliability. I looked at a Honda Civic SI, but everyone here has one, and the SI only comes with a standard transmission - I don't mind, but my wife will need to drive it from time to time even though she has her own car, and she didn't want to drive a standard. Looked at the Civic Sport Touring, but that was either standard or CVT, and I don't want a CVT.

I found a car that I'd never seen on the road here until I drove one, and that was it. Just about as quick as a Civic SI and a previous gen Golf GTi (wouldn't beat a current gen), has a great suspension, steering and brake set up to match its performance, looks good and is a bit of a sleeper. I wasn't quite ready get a new car, but saw that they were discontinuing the one I'd driven and the one replacing it, although mechanically the same, and with some more safety features, looked ugly as sin. I had to get one while my dealer still had a couple of the old ones left. I've had it a year and a bit now. Love it. It doesn't attract attention (other than from the Civic heads), and is comfortable and certainly fast enough for my lead foot. Anything quicker, and I'd definitely get into trouble with the law.

Who likes CARS here?-20190513-182026-0470-2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who likes CARS here?-20190513-182026-0470.jpg  

Super Moderator
    Hello 709 Espresso,

I'm a bit confused. After reading your post twice, I'm still not sure what car you ended up buying.

~ Rose

Ha! It's a Hyundai Elantra Sport.

Super Moderator
    I have a boring car. I made it fun. I posted about it earlier in this thread. Sadly we have been having a lot of car break ins in our area. I have to pull my PS4 and tv from my IQ funny thing is 2 cars got broken into in our gated community. They walked by mine thinking it would be a waste of time. lol...their loss. After the gaming/media center is pulled it leaves room for a nice little air compressor for a train horn! I am also replacing my PA system with a ridiculous 200 db system(I know that it only produces 130 db but that can be heard from 1400 feet away.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

I have an equally boring car - 06 Pilot w/ 225K miles... I guess that's what happens when you're a small biz owner.. HAHA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links