Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by IFixJura View Post
    Just to show it's possible to make any off topic right back on topic: what is the best coffee maker you ever used in the cars you like?
    I had to laugh when I read your post. I often wish that the "Off Topic" discussions could be redirected to discussions about coffee.

After doing a Google search, I was surprised to see that they actually have 12 volt coffee makers for cars and trucks. It would be interesting to find out if anyone on this Forum has used one, and what they think about it.

~ Rose

That could work well for car camping. But having spent lots of time backpacking where the campsite is miles from the nearest car, I found that pre-grinding my coffee at home for french press and taking a french press with me in my pack, I can get pretty close to my home brew. Sure, the coffee could be fresher if I grind them with a manual grinder at the campsite but I don't have a manual grinder so this was my next best option. Since everything tastes better in the woods anyway, the quality was exactly what I needed when communing with nature.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by IFixJura View Post
    There are solar panel backpacks now so no need to worry about power anywhere...
    Ah. So you are suggesting I carry around a full sized electric grinder so I can grind my beans in nature. And also carry around a two group espresso machine so I can make any kind of espresso drinks including milk drinks? Awesome!
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Do you really have a Public Address sound system on your car? PA horn?

I used to know someone who put a horn in his car that made a very loud "Ooh Gah" sound. People either got out of his way, or they stopped dead in their tracks wondering what that noise was.
    Haha, you have to get a train horn. They're like $50 on ebay and people clear the path really fast.

I rented a Shelby Mustang for a week in Las Vegas. I wouldn't consider myself a car guy, but wow was that an experience. Radar detector was 100% worth the money!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links