Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who likes CARS here?

We are in the off topic forum and it seems no one here talks about cars!

I am a car guy loved them since the days of the posters in my bedroom as a young boy. My father and I would go to the car show every year and I would collect as much literature as I could and sit in those "dream" machines. I would then study that material until I knew the specs, colors, and every available option for that model year. I was consuming massive amounts of useless information BUT I loved every minute of it. As I got older and got my license the love never left, every new car I purchased was the "best" car yet. I am currently entrenched in the BMW world and have now had six BMW's and as I feel the brand is not as pure as it once was, it still is much better than most of the competition.

It makes me sad to think that many younger children do not have this same passion for the automobile. Will cars the way we know it exist in 25 years, car ownership and hobbyists? Or will it just be for ride sharing and transportation purposes?

There is nothing like driving a car you love with the radio off on a spring day with a sunny dry road! Until the day I die that will be one of my guilty pleasures, God willing.

How do you all feel about cars?

Super Moderator
    It appears that now-a-days cars are basically just a means of transportation. I don't think many people drive just for pleasure anymore. The roads are so congested, and it's no fun to drive with the stress of needing to constantly "watch out for the other guy." It's just not fun anymore.

I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy going for a ride on a sunny day. You found a way to hang on to the pleasure of driving. I hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come.

Rose

I agree with PinkRose, the traffic is full of congestion and there is no fun. However, one can have pleasure while driving outdoors as those roads are still not that occupied.

Super Moderator
    I love driving...even here in Boca. It can be scary sometimes driving here in gods waiting room! It seems that turn signals are illegal here and stop signs/signals are optional. It's why I have added a PA and a lightbar to my car to make sure they know I am here.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I love driving...even here in Boca. It can be scary sometimes driving here in gods waiting room! It seems that turn signals are illegal here and stop signs/signals are optional. It's why I have added a PA and a lightbar to my car to make sure they know I am here.
    Do you really have a Public Address sound system on your car? PA horn?

I used to know someone who put a horn in his car that made a very loud "Ooh Gah" sound. People either got out of his way, or they stopped dead in their tracks wondering what that noise was.

The unfortunate truth, but people can still enjoy cars even though driving them due to everyone else stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    It appears that now-a-days cars are basically just a means of transportation. I don't think many people drive just for pleasure anymore. The roads are so congested, and it's no fun to drive with the stress of needing to constantly "watch out for the other guy." It's just not fun anymore.

I'm glad to hear that you still enjoy going for a ride on a sunny day. You found a way to hang on to the pleasure of driving. I hope you continue to enjoy it for many years to come.

Rose

lol "God's Waiting Room" - Yes, Floridians hate signals and do drive at a nice pace. I love the roads compared to NY long flat 5 lane straights. It's never as fun as a 5:30 am spring morning drive up bear mountain, but to go flat out FL highways are nice and maintained compared to the northeast.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Do you really have a Public Address sound system on your car? PA horn?

I used to know someone who put a horn in his car that made a very loud "Ooh Gah" sound. People either got out of his way, or they stopped dead in their tracks wondering what that noise was.
    haha of course I do! I took out the air horn that was a little much. I think I have done all I can to this one...thinking it's time to get back to something faster.
    Who likes CARS here?-iq.jpg

Cool, when I heard lightbar and PA I was expecting a tricked out pickup truck, to load jute bags in lol. Fast I like what do you have in mind?

haha of course I do! I took out the air horn that was a little much. I think I have done all I can to this one...thinking it's time to get back to something faster.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	iq.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	9591

Super Moderator
    I miss my old Srt4. Ridiculously fast. I need something small...hate big cars. Wish I had a supercharger for my IQ. Maybe that is an option. lol. I like the Subaru BRZ. We will see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links