Commercial Grinder Question

Hey all-

I am a regular coffee drinker, but I have not done the deep dive into coffee that many of you have. I've tinkered, read posts, etc. and have learned a lot over the years, but I'm still fresh to much of it. All of this is to say, please be gentle on me if I ask dumb questions. (1:

About 4 years ago I started doing 2.5 gallon batches of cold brew concentrate that I dilute to 5 gallons and then serve on nitro out of my keezer/keggerator. My wonderful wife bought me a nice burr grinder and I've used it for a few years and have been happy with it, other than the hopper only holds a 1/4 lb of beans at a time and I spend a lot of time just grinding my beans for each batch of brew.

Fast forward to last weekend and a friend of mine is having a yard sale to benefit her husband's work. Basically his place of business has a storage unit to clear out so they had a yard sale with all the benefits going to one of their programs that aids persons with mental health issues. She put some pictures up and on there were a couple of big coffee grinders so inquired about them and asked her to hold one for me. Well, none of the coffee stuff they had sold. It was all commercial/restaurant stuff and she said I could have as much or little as I wanted for the price she quoted me for one of the grinders. I took the 3 grinders thinking I would try and figure out which one was best for my needs. I've done a bit of research on my own, but was coming here to get a few opinions.

Basically I want something that will be dependable for a while, possibly easy to work on should I need to, will grind 3-5 lbs of beans easily in one sitting, and will give me the best grind for my cold brew.

Super Moderator
    Hello michealois00

You mentioned that you got three grinders.

What kind are they? If you give us information on the make and model, maybe someone on the Forum could help you figure out which one is the best for your needs.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links