Choice of coffemachine and grinder for a beginner

Hello. I have recently got a crush on coffee especially cappuccino. To give you a background of my history with coffeedrinking it has only been through a coffemaker (Moccamaster) and coffee from my local grocery. I have just got up my eyes for espresso and realized how hard and expensive it seems to make at home. So my question is the following: I have never used a espressomachine before or a grinder for that matter. What is a good starting point? I will be drinking like one cup daily and my focus will be making cappuccino. Any good tips where to start? I have read the guide here at coffegeek and it did give me some hum what to look for but i still feel completely lost in this jungle of machines and grinders. I hope this community can help me!

Welcome the rabbit hole, er money pit, er JOURNEY .

What is your budget?

Quote Originally Posted by micheallois00 View Post
    Hello. I have recently got a crush on coffee especially cappuccino. To give you a background of my history with coffeedrinking it has only been through a coffemaker (Moccamaster) and coffee from my local grocery. I have just got up my eyes for espresso and realized how hard and expensive it seems to make at home. So my question is the following: I have never used a espressomachine before or a grinder for that matter. What is a good starting point? I will be drinking like one cup daily and my focus will be making cappuccino. Any good tips where to start? I have read the guide here at coffegeek and it did give me some hum what to look for but i still feel completely lost in this jungle of machines and grinders. I hope this community can help me!
    Maybe start with a $8-$15 Moka Pot and Bustello pre-ground coffee? (But you can't steam milk)

I've owned manual DeLonghi's for low cost, IMHO if your mixing espresso into steamed milk, no need for delicate subtle and expensive beans. I started out for years using pre-ground Bustello brand. I liked this; https://www.amazon.com/DeLonghi-ECP3...presso+machine over the DeLonghi slightly less expensive EC155. If you want good and fast, and you have $500, I recently switched to a; https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N2YKQ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by mawil1013; 12-15-2018 at 07:57 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links