How many people are drinking Matcha tea?

"Matcha tea is rich in catechins, a class of plant compounds in tea that act as natural antioxidants." How many people are drinking Matcha tea?

Is it green tea? What so special about it? I'm keep noticing people mention it here and there

Quote Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
    Is it green tea? What so special about it? I'm keep noticing people mention it here and there
    Matcha is a high-quality superfine ground green tea used in Japanese tea ceremonies. However, the Coffee & Tea industry has 'popularized' it now using lower grades and adding sugar. It's now used as a flavoring for lattes, etc however is also consumed like tea.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Matcha is a high-quality superfine ground green tea used in Japanese tea ceremonies. However, the Coffee & Tea industry has 'popularized' it now using lower grades and adding sugar. It's now used as a flavoring for lattes, etc however is also consumed like tea.

Thank you for that information. I'm sure many of us were curious. I know I was.

Thanks for sharing, that's really interesting. I've asked my sister to buy it for me as a gift for upcoming holidays

Quote Originally Posted by Torrance View Post
    Thanks for sharing, that's really interesting. I've asked my sister to buy it for me as a gift for upcoming holidays
    Make sure its 'ceremonial' matcha... that is the highest quality and is meant to be consumed as a tea beverage. It's expensive - and anything less expensive is typically 'food-grade' matcha. Ceremonial is typically in 30g containers and is around $30-$60. One challenge is making matcha correctly without a matcha whisk... you will need some type of whisk to. Matcha whisks are special bamboo whisk that quickly agitates the tea. You only use about a teaspoon per cup of matcha. The lower price matcha is typically labeled as food grade and is what is used in food products - ice creams, lattes, etc. They will not taste great if consumed as a tea. Same product, lower quality. Lastly, there are some on the market typically called Sweet Matcha which is matcha with sugar typically. Take a look at Rishi - IMO one of the best tea companies out there: https://www.rishi-tea.com/category/matcha-tea-powders

I don't like this tea

I was recently treated to tea like that. It was delicious. Turns out I've done it wrong the first time I've made it.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links