Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8

    searching for a reliable furniture

    Hi, I've been searching for a reliable furniture store for my home online. When I talked about buying furniture with one of my friends who recently built a new house, he suggested a furniture store in Edmonton. They also suggested that some other suppliers sell furniture at a very cheap price. How do you guys buy furniture? Is it online? Please share your experience with me. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by kelleylor; 11-29-2019 at 12:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by kelleylor View Post
    Hi, I've been searching for a reliable furniture store for my home online. When I talked about buying furniture with one of my friends who recently built a new house, he suggested a furniture store in Edmonton. They also suggested that some other suppliers sell furniture at a very cheap price. How do you guys buy furniture? Is it online? Please share your experience with me. Thank you in advance.
    It's hard to buy furniture on-line, because you don't get a chance to see it in person, and if you don't like it, it's hard to send it back.

    Do you have furniture stores where you live? If so, then you can look on line at their websites, and if you find something you like, you can go to the store to see it.

    I've been exploring websites for living room furniture ideas, but I can't seem make up my mind yet. I find no pleasure in furniture shopping. It's a chore that I don't like.

    Good luck in your search.

    How did things go with the coffee station that you were planning to set up in your home? Where did you put it?.
    Advise Please: Where to put a coffee station in my home

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    24
    I haven't bought furniture for the house yet. It's just home goods

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    353
    As others have said, furniture is best purchased after having been able to see it in person. The reason is that there are wide disparities in the quality of construction of furniture. Some are put together with dowels and screws and made of particle board such as Ikea stuff. And others are made by craftsmen with quality hardwood and dovetail joints which are much less likely to allow the pieces to separate. If you are buying cheap furniture then it may not matter if you see it in person or not since you won't be expecting to see much in the way of quality. But if you are spending good money on some furniture, you are well advised to see it, touch it, feel it and inspect it to verify that you are actually getting what you are paying for.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Charlotte
    Posts
    25
    Agree, furniture should be seen by your own eyes and if workers don't mind being touched and felt. Afterwards you have some kind of understanding of sizes and the quality of materials they used to build it. These factors are important not to have issues on arrival home, like sizes that creates discomfort for the eyes, don’t fit well and are not in harmony with surroundings. I was there, but my mother taught me with different interesting things. But sometimes I buy online, because I learned details with confidence to make purchases. My best website is https://nyfurnitureoutlets.com/furni...dian-furniture , they have discounts on meridian furniture, very beautiful.
    Last edited by Hodgfrog; 11-22-2020 at 02:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    England Coventry
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgfrog View Post
    Agree, furniture should be seen by your own eyes and if workers don't mind being touched and felt. Afterwards you have some kind of understanding of sizes and the quality of materials they used to build it. These factors are important not to have issues on arrival home, like sizes that creates discomfort for the eyes, don’t fit well and are not in harmony with surroundings. I was there, but my mother taught me with different interesting things. But sometimes I buy online, because I learned details with confidence to make purchases. My best website is https://nyfurnitureoutlets.com/furni...dian-furniture , they have discounts on meridian furniture, very beautiful.
    Is there something more I should know before the purchase? I'm looking forward for my first purchase from this store, thank you for sharing, they have a lot of interesting furniture to see.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    24
    The size of the furniture matters.
    I recently bought a refrigerator. We had to take the door off to bring the fridge into the house.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    5,083
    Quote Originally Posted by gediso View Post
    The size of the furniture matters.
    I recently bought a refrigerator. We had to take the door off to bring the fridge into the house.
    That happened to me too. The delivery instructions said to measure the doorway to be sure the refrigerator could be brought into the house. I looked at it and thought, there would be no problem. But the door didn't swing open wide enough, and they had to remove it. Luckily they put it back okay, and there was no problem, but it was an annoying, nerve-wracking experience.

 

 

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Planning of Putting a Coffee / Bakeshop
    By thirstyiceskates in forum Coffee Industry Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-12-2016, 05:11 AM
  2. Chaff fire planning
    By NorthSouth in forum Coffee Roasters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  3. Planning to start a cafe
    By DianaScott in forum Coffee Table
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-18-2015, 01:48 PM
  4. Coffee Shop Planning
    By MommaLovesCoffee in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-07-2013, 04:05 PM
  5. city planning says no to drive thrus - HELP!
    By RadarRick in forum Coffee Shops, Espresso Bars & Cafes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-20-2004, 11:39 AM

Search tags for this page

testing

,
testing'||dbms pipe.receive message(chr(98)||chr(98)||chr(98),12)||'
Click on a term to search for related topics.