Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How does it feel to travel alone?

How does it feel to travel alone?

I used to travel on business by myself all the time. It gave me some time to be by myself, a break from the wife and kid. And you get to do whatever you want when you want without having to get someone else to agree. Although since it was business most of my time was spoken for during the day. Depending on whether I was seeing clients, I would either be eating with them or I'd be on my own. You become comfortable eating in a restaurant alone. I'd often find a pub or a decent place with a bar and sit at the bar to eat. And looking around I'd often see that I was far from the only one doing the same thing. I'd use the time to catch up on reading the news, emails, etc. Is this what you were asking about?
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

It's not hard. I traveled alone several times. The only problem I encountered is that I need to pack my luggage on the list, because I forgot several important things that I had to buy (for example, some medicine or a cable for charging a mobile phone). Now I'm trying to make a list of the things that I need during the trip and not forget anything. I recently found this article https://www.travelkings.net/top-5-travel-essentials/ and thought that it might be useful for you too. I don’t think that the absence of a company of friends or a partner is a reason to postpone your trip. This is a good reason to get more experience and spend time as you see fit, without changing your plans due to other people's wishes.

I travel alone almost exclusively. I love it. You can do exactly what you want when you want without having anyone to slow you down or having you do something you donít want to. Itís quite liberating.

I have never traveled by myself. I was thinking about visiting Trinidad next year for carnival to obverse the Panorama finals up close and in person. I was looking at flights all the time, hotels and Air BnBs to help me figure
    out how much I should budget for the trip. After talking to people who live or had lived there, there will be a two year
    hiatus before I would be able to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMusic View Post
    I have never traveled by myself. I was thinking about visiting Trinidad next year for carnival to obverse the Panorama finals up close and in person. I was looking at flights all the time, hotels and Air BnBs to help me figure
    out how much I should budget for the trip. After talking to people who live or had lived there, there will be a two year
    hiatus before I would be able to go.
    You can practically swim there from where you are.

It feels awesome if you're okay being with yourself. I like camping a lot and it's amazing to be alone and so far away from all the people. Of course, you should be well equipped first. I can recommend this article (they've got info not only about sleeping pads) https://activegeardirect.com/best-ca...ng-pads-top-5/.

for me it is the most ideal vacation.

Camping is amazing. I've done it alone. But I tend to get lonely. I guess I just like to have company. But I'm very selective as to who I keep as company. But traveling alone on business is and entirely different thing. Once I'm done with my work for that day I'll either find some good music to go see or park myself at a bar and enjoy a good meal and a nice drink or three. Invariably you can wind up striking up a conversation with people who are also traveling alone on business or from overhearing another conversation and sticking your nose in other people's business.

I've made most of my big travels alone and the feeling of freedom is great. We got to decide which places to stay, what places to visit, what activities to do, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links