When you work at home, what do you usualy wear?

I've been in Zoom meetings and seen people in, shall we say, less than stylish clothing; old t-shirts, wrinkled dress shirts, tank tops, and in one case what clearly looked to be pajama tops. (Our dress code is primarily business casual and on certain occasions a suit and tie for men.)

Offline I suppose people can wear whatever they want when they're working at home. But I think a modicum of good dress is needed for online meetings. Also seems that most women are dressed a bit more appropriately than most men, though that just might be the people I have to deal with.

It also makes me wonder about the talking heads on TV news. Are they sitting there with a shirt and tie on (many are not), but in their underwear and slippers below the desk, out of camera view?

Anyway, I just wear a simple, pressed, clean dress shirt for online. How about you? Anything you do different -- or the same?

As an online worker who's working for a deck and fence company, I only wear shorts and sleeveless shirt even during meetings on Skype or Zoom.
    Last edited by PinkRose; 05-18-2020 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Removed unnecessary non-coffee related advertising link from the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Boromir View Post
    I've been in Zoom meetings and seen people in, shall we say, less than stylish clothing; old t-shirts, wrinkled dress shirts, tank tops, and in one case what clearly looked to be pajama tops. (Our dress code is primarily business casual and on certain occasions a suit and tie for men.)

Offline I suppose people can wear whatever they want when they're working at home. But I think a modicum of good dress is needed for online meetings. Also seems that most women are dressed a bit more appropriately than most men, though that just might be the people I have to deal with.

It also makes me wonder about the talking heads on TV news. Are they sitting there with a shirt and tie on (many are not), but in their underwear and slippers below the desk, out of camera view?

Anyway, I just wear a simple, pressed, clean dress shirt for online. How about you? Anything you do different -- or the same?
    Hi Boromir!
    Nice thread, thank you!
    Yeah, agree with you completely. Due to the new circumstances lots of us had to change our working style. But it all depends on the job itself. Say, my gf is a law teacher at the university. She gives 3 online lectures a week via Zoom. But despite the online aspect of her current work she is demanded to appear in different dresses every single time Luckily she can get high quality dresses for reasonable prices via cools https://cools.com/shop/womens-dresses. Recently it became particularly easy to find there offers with discounts and to get a designer dress for only up to a hundred dollars.
    Last edited by Azeya; 05-08-2020 at 12:42 AM. Reason: additional info

Hi bro, I think the same of Azeya, all depends of the job. For example I have my own business and the wear is not a problem for all the people who work for me, this type of topics, are easy to solve, and obviously always depends of the boss. Adrian CEO - Marketeers México

Shorts and t-shirt unless I have to be on a Video conference.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links