Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to quickly repair the bathroom ?

My children smashed a mirror and tiled in the bathroom. They were playing. It was during the quarantine period they were bored .
    Even if it happened, I think about a comprehensive repair. Tell me, is it realistic to carry out repairs in the bathroom in a short time?

Are you kidding? You come to a coffee forum to ask about fixing a bathroom? Really? I swear to God my signature is proven true each and every day.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

I've seen a lot of topics there to communicate with. I like that this communication is constructive

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by klaris View Post
    I've seen a lot of topics there to communicate with. I like that this communication is constructive

I often wish the "Off Topic" thread was never created by the Forum Administrators. It is very difficult to moderate the discussions here, because so many of the topics are extremely off topic.

It also leads to some people thinking it's a great way to SPAM the Forum with all sorts of SPAM.

I guess the idea for the "Off Topic" area was to have a place for our Forum members to get quick help for other problems and questions that are not related to coffee. But, I think people would get better results if they do a Google search first.

Super Moderator
    Hi klaris

A Google search for "How to replace a bathroom mirror" had a lot of results, including videos. It may be helpful for you to take a look.

https://www.google.com/search?source...sclient=psy-ab

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I often wish the "Off Topic" thread was never created by the Forum Administrators. It is very difficult to moderate the discussions here, because so many of the topics are extremely off topic.

It also leads to some people thinking it's a great way to SPAM the Forum with all sorts of SPAM.

I guess the idea for the "Off Topic" area was to have a place for our Forum members to get quick help for other problems and questions that are not related to coffee. But, I think people would get better results if they do a Google search first.
    I must once again apologize for my sarcasm. I think the frustration I have is that I see pretty much as many of these kinds of posts as I do about coffee. The OT topics are fine so long as they are occassional and sporadic. Most forums I belong to have off topic posts. I think you have to have to allow them because it rounds out the discussion. But I find so little coffee discussion here as compared to other coffee sites that I just scratch my head wonder why? I guess I just wish there was a more vibrant discussion taking place around the subject of the forum, coffee. What machines people use. What different brew methods people use. What different grinders people use. What different coffees people are using. Home roasting. And there are a whole host of other topics surrounding the ones just mentioned that could be taking place. Such as how to fix your grinder when it stops cooperating. How to fix your espresso machine when it doesn't do what it's supposed to. I should add that i belong to a couple shaving forums that each have a very robust coffee thread. I'm not complaining so much as just wondering why this forum is so different. Maybe it's because it appears to be pretty international and from some of the posts there is a translation issue so it is not always clear what the person is asking. But even taking that into account, there just isn't a lot of coffee dialogue. I will say there is a fair amount of discussion surrounding the business of opening coffee shops. But that misses the vast majority of the people in the world who brew and drink their own coffee every single day. Those people don't seem to come here and appear to be on other forums. So, when someone posts a ridiculous post, I am guilty of jumping on it when I should be more patient and respectful. For that I apologize. I just wonder what can be done to elevate the level of coffee discussions taking place here. I'm not entirely sure. There are definitely some pretty knowledgeable coffee experts here so if someone had a detailed and topic to post on I have no doubt that those folks could easily provide the answers they are looking for. I was going to say that I'm at a loss for words, but as I see the length of my post, I clearly am NOT at a loss for words. If you are still reading this at this point, kudos to you.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    I must once again apologize for my sarcasm. I think the frustration I have is that I see pretty much as many of these kinds of posts as I do about coffee. The OT topics are fine so long as they are occasional and sporadic. Most forums I belong to have off topic posts. I think you have to have to allow them because it rounds out the discussion. But I find so little coffee discussion here as compared to other coffee sites that I just scratch my head wonder why? I guess I just wish there was a more vibrant discussion taking place around the subject of the forum, coffee. What machines people use. What different brew methods people use. What different grinders people use. What different coffees people are using. Home roasting. And there are a whole host of other topics surrounding the ones just mentioned that could be taking place. Such as how to fix your grinder when it stops cooperating. How to fix your espresso machine when it doesn't do what it's supposed to. I should add that i belong to a couple shaving forums that each have a very robust coffee thread. I'm not complaining so much as just wondering why this forum is so different. Maybe it's because it appears to be pretty international and from some of the posts there is a translation issue so it is not always clear what the person is asking. But even taking that into account, there just isn't a lot of coffee dialogue. I will say there is a fair amount of discussion surrounding the business of opening coffee shops. But that misses the vast majority of the people in the world who brew and drink their own coffee every single day. Those people don't seem to come here and appear to be on other forums. So, when someone posts a ridiculous post, I am guilty of jumping on it when I should be more patient and respectful. For that I apologize. I just wonder what can be done to elevate the level of coffee discussions taking place here. I'm not entirely sure. There are definitely some pretty knowledgeable coffee experts here so if someone had a detailed and topic to post on I have no doubt that those folks could easily provide the answers they are looking for. I was going to say that I'm at a loss for words, but as I see the length of my post, I clearly am NOT at a loss for words. If you are still reading this at this point, kudos to you.
    Hi MntnMan62,

Yes, I read you whole post. Kudos to me!

I understand your feelings regarding the lack of meaningful coffee related discussions. The Forum activity seems to go in spurts - there are weeks when things are pretty active, and there are weeks when things are slow. I'm always happy to see a forum member post a coffee related question or problem with a machine and receive a variety of helpful responses right away.

I agree that we have a lot of knowledgeable people here who are both professionals in the industry as well as experienced home-based coffee users. Most of them are very willing to share their knowledge if a question is asked.

What we need is for more people to ask their coffee-related questions to get the discussions going.

Unfortunately, we have hijacked this thread and taken it off in a different direction.

Do you have any suggestions for the original poster about how to fix the damage her kids did to the bathroom? I'm wondering how they managed to break a mirror and tiles. My inquiring mind wants to know.

~ Rose

Well, the only mirror we have in our bathrooms is the one on the medicine cabinet or the one over the sink. To fix that one, you either buy a new door with a new mirror and reinstall it or buy a new medicine cabinet or a new mirror to hang in place of the broken one. As for tiles, you would need to dig out the grout completely from around the tile. Then you break just the broken tile further so you can remove the smaller pieces. Once all of the tile is gone, you need to be sure any of the hardened glue or adhesive is also chipped away and that you have a clean and level spot to drop a new tile in place. Of course, that assumes you have spares of the tiles that were broken. Once the new tile is in place, you can then re-grout around it. Once finished, if the tiles match, you should not be able to tell the difference other than maybe some slightly cleaner grout. But that will get dirty in time and totally blend in.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post

Unfortunately, such searches for me did not give a positive effect. you understand that in the top search are always those who invest a lot in advertising

Better Google for me was a neighbor .

Thank you all

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links