What is your car?

What is your car?

2012 Audi A6 3.0T. Love it. Best car I've ever owned. I now have about 106,000 miles on it and have no plans to get rid of it. I'd like to see it last me for another 100,000+ miles.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Ford focus

I have an old Dodge that my father gave me. And when I moved to live in another state, at first I was upset that I would have to part with my car, but thanks to the article Car shipping across country https://getcarrier.com/blog/ship-car-across-country/ and I was able to find a good car shipping company. Keep in mind, if the vehicle you need to deliver is one that you drive on a daily basis, open delivery is the best way, and always the cheapest way, to ship the vehicle.

I have nissan, the electro car

I have Ford and I get very dissapointed when something happens to my car. Fortunatelly, I have very qualified mechanic, who helps me with any problem. Recently I had to replace the catalyst. I didn't know what to do with the old one. So he recommended to me a really good catalog where I found buyers for my catalyst autocatalystmarket.com/us/en . I've never heard about it. Maybe someone will find it helpful.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MarryLock View Post
    I have Ford and I get very dissapointed when something happens to my car. Fortunatelly, I have very qualified mechanic, who helps me with any problem. Recently I had to replace the catalyst. I didn't know what to do with the old one. So he recommended to me a really good catalog where I found buyers for my catalyst autocatalystmarket.com/us/en . I've never heard about it. Maybe someone will find it helpful.
    Hello MarryLock,

Why would you need to sell your old catalytic converter after having it replaced? Did you actually find someone who wanted to buy it?

Modern cars rely on catalytic converters to remove carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and other harmful chemicals from exhaust emissions. To do so they rely on costly metals that have special chemical properties that diminish in effectiveness over time.

Among the symptoms of a bad catalytic converter are:

Sluggish engine performance.
    Reduced acceleration.
    Dark exhaust smoke.
    The smell of sulfur or rotten eggs from the exhaust.
    Excessive heat under the vehicle.

Why would someone want to buy a used (bad) one ???

~ Rose

I'm thinking the same thing Rose. I've always figured catalytic converters were garbage after they have served their purpose. So after reading this I googled "can you sell a used catalytic converter". Lo and behold, there are precious metals inside the catalytic converter that people will pay money for. I never knew that before. Not that I've changed the catalytic converter on many, or even any, of my cars. But you can be sure that if I do have to change it out, I'll ask the mechanic to give it back to me or see if they will buy it from me. I seem to learn new things every day.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links