Plans post-pandemic.

Hello,

I'm just a little curious, with all the Covid-19 vaccines currently being available in the world right now, not one is still what we can call 100% safe to take by everyone. My question is, when would it be possible to have the 100% safe vaccine for this certain virus?

I'm just tired of waiting of when will this end and being afraid of taking a new vaccine which has no assurances of either it is safe or it's our free ticket away from Covid-19.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    Hello,

I'm just a little curious, with all the Covid-19 vaccines currently being available in the world right now, not one is still what we can call 100% safe to take by everyone. My question is, when would it be possible to have the 100% safe vaccine for this certain virus?

I'm just tired of waiting of when will this end and being afraid of taking a new vaccine which has no assurances of either it is safe or it's our free ticket away from Covid-19.
    Hi Knoble,

I'm sure most of us are tired of dealing with this Covid situation, and we're all waiting for it to be over. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll need to wait some more.

The vaccines are all in trials now, and it's going to take time to get it right. Nothing is 100% safe for everyone. There will be no free ticket away from Covid-19, just like there is no free ticket away from the yearly flu. I just got my flu vaccine, and at least it helps me feel better knowing that I've dealt with half of the "twindemic" this upcoming season. The flu and Covid are being categorized as a twin-demic, because flu symptoms and the beginning symptoms of Covid are almost the same. It's a double whammy that we have to deal with in the upcoming months.

For now, all we can do is wear a face mask, wash our hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, keep 6 feet away from people, and cooperate with contact tracers if (or when) they call.

Hang in there. It's a good thing that visiting the coffee forum is a pleasant distraction. It's a nice Covid-free place to visit.

~ Rose

Post pandemic ? I read a Starbucks report that they were not expecting things to be normal until September 2021

Thank you Rose, my family and I are doing our best to be safe during these times.

@wmark if that were to be true, I can no longer wait that long. :/

Many medical experts have already said that the vaccine will only be about 50% effective at preventing the virus. They have no idea what the possible side effects will be. Factor in if you are under 70 years old you have a 99.9% chance of surviving the virus and then decide if you really want/need the vaccine.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links