Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Does coffee help you get through tough situations ?

I love coffee and I'm sure everyone here does, it helped me with my anxiety before, I'm not sure how but it did! Especially during these days where we are sometimes forced to do isolation to keep our family safe that we are prone to anxiety (or probably depression).

So tell me, when you had the same feeling about this current situation that we're having, does coffee helps you keep that feeling at bay as well? Feel free to share your thoughts.

Hello, just bumping this up.

Yep, even on the real tough days.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    I love coffee and I'm sure everyone here does, it helped me with my anxiety before, I'm not sure how but it did! Especially during these days where we are sometimes forced to do isolation to keep our family safe that we are prone to anxiety (or probably depression).

So tell me, when you had the same feeling about this current situation that we're having, does coffee helps you keep that feeling at bay as well? Feel free to share your thoughts.
    Hello Knoble,

This Covid situation seems to keep going, and going, and going - on, and on, and on. Frustration, depression, anger, sadness, are rolling emotions that many of us experience every day.

I often wake up in the morning and think, "Oh great, here I am again facing another boring day at home." Then, I think of the coffee maker that's down in the kitchen and how I look forward to that first cup of coffee, and I drag myself out of bed to start the day. As the day goes by, drinking a cup of coffee helps me relax and enjoy the moment, especially when I add a cookie or some other treat to my coffee break. I can't add the treat often, though, because of the depressing extra five pounds of Covid weight that I gained. I'm lucky it was only five pounds, and I'm sure I'll be able to get rid of it. (after the holidays).

Now that a vaccine will be available to everyone in the next few months, I'm hopeful that things will return to a "near normal" in the upcoming year.

In the mean time, hang in there - and enjoy your coffee.

~ Rose

Hi Rose,

I agree with all that you've been up to every day, that's why I stopped watching news on TV and just look at the important ones on google to keep me being anxious over it. I gained more than 15 pounds during this pandemic so I beat you on that. LOL. Sorry me.

Also, I've stumbled on this page in hopes of learning more about anxiety and how I can come up with better solutions to keep it at bay. I'll be glad to leave it here for everyone to take time and read. https://www.heretohelp.bc.ca/infoshe...19-and-anxiety

We all love coffee here, and for me, my whole day is never complete without having it in the morning and at workplace. Dealing with anxiety is not that easy but it's possible, I know it from my personal experience. I changed my lifestyle completely, it helped me to get rid of this problem. Sports, exercise, meditation, a healthy diet, vitamins are very helpful too.

Thanks joylifter, may I know what healthy diet you're doing right now? I tried keto and it isn't for me.

Yes I'm doing keto diet, why though? Isn't it working for you? How long since you've started doing it?

I'm looking to build my muscle while on a diet, a friend told me about this calorie-deficit diet and it's what I'm currently doing right now, but I'm lost for some motivation that's why I'm still losing gains and still gaining more fat than losing some every now and then.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by knoble View Post
    I'm looking to build my muscle while on a diet, a friend told me about this calorie-deficit diet and it's what I'm currently doing right now, but I'm lost for some motivation that's why I'm still losing gains and still gaining more fat than losing some every now and then.
    Getting motivated is very difficult sometimes. It's especially difficult when you're bored from being stuck at home for so long.
    Would it help to promise yourself some sort of reward after you reach a certain goal? Maybe buy yourself something that you've been putting off buying? You can keep a chart and record your progress, and reward yourself as you reach each milestone. (but don't use food or treats as a reward).

Men seem to have an easier time building muscle and losing fat than women do. Hang in there. The results will come. At least you're trying, and that's what counts.

~ Rose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links