Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I went to Venice, Italy a couple of months back!

I have not. But I would definitely want to visit Milan, Roma and Livorno.

Some years ago, I spent a few weeks in Venice, Florence, and Siena. Best. Pizza. Ever. And the coffee was nothing short of amazing. Decidedly worth a visit if you have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by btreath9082 View Post
    I have never visited Italy and I don't want to either. I am sorry to any of the Italians out there but I heard that it isn't the cleanest place on the planet. AC Milan (the soccer club) is though what I really like about Italy.
    Actually, one of my colleagues went to Italy with her husband and two kids, back in 2010. Her husband was on official tour but he also too the family along with him. She told me though that it was not the best experience of her life. According to her, it is pretty much populated, polluted and rushy to visit. She also said that she had real problems at the air port since the Italians don't like to speak in English even if they know it. They prefer to talk in Italian irrespective of where are you actually from. She however told me that since it is the birth place of "Pizza", so you can the world's best Pizza varieties there. Furthermore, she told that the coffee there is also extremely good in taste, generally. This is the type of coffee which is available in cafes/restaurants. I don't know how is the "unmade" coffee there since neither she told me about that nor did I ask her about it.

I again say sorry if someone dislikes anything what I just stated in my post. This is my own opinion based on the experiences shared with me, by my colleague, so I might be wrong.

Thanks.
    i realize that this is an old post but I still have to comment on just how terribly misinformed you are (assuming you still visit this forum) and how closed-minded you must be to accept a second-hand opinion from a friend to be gospel. If you're going to bad-mouth a country as beautiful as Italy at least have the courtesy to do it based on your own first-hand knowledge. Go there yourself and see just how wrong your "friend" was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
    i realize that this is an old post but I still have to comment on just how terribly misinformed you are (assuming you still visit this forum) and how closed-minded you must be to accept a second-hand opinion from a friend to be gospel. If you're going to bad-mouth a country as beautiful as Italy at least have the courtesy to do it based on your own first-hand knowledge. Go there yourself and see just how wrong your "friend" was.
    I for one am happy that people as sad as this don't want to go to such a fantastic country as Italy.
    It makes it much less likely that I will meet them there.

I am always amazed at how people expect where they visit to be just like home. It is the reason that you visit other countries! To experience different cultures, different points of view of life, and most of all to see things that you don't have in your own country. Italy is absolutely amazing as is all of Europe. As is rest of the world. If you look to criticize you will find it. If you look to learn and see how different each culture is than you will be amazed.

I spent 4 months in China and it was an experience I will remember forever. Were there things I did not like or was not like the USA, YES. But it was China and not the USA. It was spectacular and the people were so willing to share their country and life experiences. It is this that makes travel so enjoyable. The land of China is beautiful and full of wonder.

I have been many places in this world, and each has its own delights. It is up to the traveler to find them.

(traveling one of the joys of life)

I'm going soon! This summer

i stayed a week in Milan, coffee vendors everywhere you went. took the train from Paris France. then from Italy to Prague Czech Republic. most memorable time of my life.
    Cafe Mistico
    Lima, Peru "small artisan roaster"

We will do a Milan, Venice, Bologna and Parma rountrip in May, I'm so looking forward to it already!

YES, once! It's where the beautiful people live

I'll definitely be going back there one day!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links