Smilies Issue

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
So I have had this problem ever since I joined this forum.
Whenever I reply to a post (with or without quoting), I am just able to view a handful of smilies, I guess maybe 12 or 13. On the other way, whenever I am making a new thread, I get access to all of the smilies available (which are around 65 I guess).
Can someone please let me know what is the issue and is this issue only with me? or others are also facing the same kind of issue with the smilies?
Thanks so much in advance.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
:confused: Good question! I had to do some exploring. I don't usually use smiles in my posts.

When you're getting ready to reply to a message, go down to the bottom of the white reply box and click on the button that says "Go Advanced." Then look to the right of the box, and you'll see more Smileys. You can click on "More" to see some more.

I hope this helps.

Rose

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I love using lots of smilies in my posts, lol....so I was very upset with this problem.
I tried exactly what you said and it worked; Bull's eye ! :check:
Thanks so very much. :razz:
I should have asked this earlier, lol, it was so simple but I had no idea since I always used the option of "Post Quick Reply" rather than using the option of "Go Advanced" while replying yo any post. :star:

CanadianBrian

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Might I suggest that you tone down the color of your posts? I am finding it hard to read alot of your posts, and I don't know if it is just me and my advanced age.
Brian

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
OMG, I am really sorry personally for this. I actually like colors all around and love posting in colorful format rather than just black. But this post is exclusively for you, hope you read this really well. :star:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi btreath9082

Thanks for toning down the colors!

I have been having dificult time reading your posts too. By the way it has nothing to do with having old eyes.

Actually, at the end of the day when my eyes are glazed over from reading so many posts, I kinda skip over the ones in color where I have to squint to see them.

I was dreading having to look at all sorts of colors and tons of smileys too.

Thanks for making that adjustment. I certainly appreciate it.

Rose

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi btreath9082

Thanks for toning down the colors!

I have been having dificult time reading your posts too. By the way it has nothing to do with having old eyes.

Actually, at the end of the day when my eyes are glazed over from reading so many posts, I kinda skip over the ones in color where I have to squint to see them.

I was dreading having to look at all sorts of colors and tons of smileys too.

Thanks for making that adjustment. I certainly appreciate it.

Rose

OMG, I am actually sorry to you too. I will definitely not be going into those many colors from now onwards.
I can understand, how hectic it would be for you to work, being a moderator.
I hope you won't be bothered by my posts in the future.