Coffee Forum Slow ????

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Is anyone having problems with the Coffee Forum website being very slow loading the topics that you want to view, and particularly very slow when you try to type into a message box?

I have been having a problem, especially with trying to type into a message box, and this morning another member mentioned it too.

I have tried using several computers, and several different browsers, and the problem is still there.

Typing into a message box had become slow torture, one character every second or so.

Is anyone else having a problem?

Rose

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
yep. Me too.
very slow and the typing letters are very slow to catch up my actual typing into a message / posting box.
it has been like that for few weeks.
hope that it can be fixed.
thanks

I feel better knowing it's not just happening to me. The typing problem has been happening for several weeks.

I have also occasionally been hearing sounds coming from my speakers when I'm on the Coffee Forum. It seems like an advertisement (television or radio) and then it goes away. I don't think any of the advertisements that appear on any of the Forum pages have sound.

It's all very strange.

Rose

nv305

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Happy to hear it was resolved. Topher informed me today of its sluggishness, but I did not experience anything out of the norm. Perhaps it's because I use tapatalk.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I've had that in the past... I had to change browsers. Regarding the sound... it comes from the Sponsored Links from down below to the left.

OOps...I don't think it's fixed.

Today, I noticed that when I hear the advertisement sound, (which does come from the Sponsored Links advertisement box on the bottom left of the page) my computer freezes for about 30 seconds or so. Today, it was an American Express advertisement and then a Vitamix Blender ad. Both times my computer froze until the ad was done playing and for a while afterwards.

My ability to type in this message box is slow again too.

Maybe the Sponsored Links advertisement section in the bottom left corner needs to be looked at.

Last edited: