Getting redirected to MyFilestore.com first using Google.

Startup

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
Lately when Googling then selecting "coffeeforums.com" I've been first directed to MyFilestore.com. I can't tell if it's due to my computer, your site, or Google though when I Googled MyFilestore.com my results were security related. For what it's worth.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "Startup"

I've bookmarked the Coffee Forums website, so it's been a long time since I've had to Google it.

As a test, I logged out of the forum and then did a google search for coffeeforums.com. I noticed that there is another website called coffeeforum.com (without the s) I tested both, and I didn't get re-directed. I have to admit I plan to explore the other web site when I have time.

The problem may be with your computer or maybe Google had a hiccup. Try clearing out the cookies and the browsing history in your browser. Computers are always a mystery!

Rose

pdxmatt

Nov 15, 2012
Portland, OR
Visit site
As a new member I hate to post a non-coffee related message as my first, but I think it's important. about half the time I try to come to coffeeforums.com I am redirected to myfilestore.com. If you do any research on this you will see there is some vulnerability with vBulletin forum software that is specifically associated with this redirect. I really think that the administrator of this website should take a look at whether there has been an exploit on this server. It's definitely a server side issue. But because a refresh in the browser will often fix the problem I suspect it's not being reported.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello "pdxmatt"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I'm sorry you are having a problem accessing the website.

I've recently been getting "page not found" a few times a day when I try to log in to the website. I wonder if there is a problem with the forum's server.

I contacted one of the forum administrators (SmallTownGirl13) and gave her the information that you posted.
Hopefully she, or one of the other administrators, will find out what's going on.

Thanks for contacting us and telling us about the problem.

I just logggd out and cleared the cookies on my computer. I went to Google and searched for Coffee Forums, and clicked on what appeared to be the web address for this website. I was immediately redirected to myfilestore.com and it was very hard to get out of the website. My browser kept bouncing me back to the myfilestore page. I finally had to close it down completely.

Something is certainly wrong somewhere.

Rose

Last edited:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have to admit, being redirected to myfilestore and not being able to get out of it really creeped me out! I ended up doing a whole-system virus and spyware scan of my computer last night. Nothing showed up, but I still feel creeped out.

I feel bad that it's probably happening to other people who are using Google to search for this forum.

Rose

btreath9082

May 9, 2012
Visit site
OMG Rose,
You pointed out very rightly; computers no doubt are always a mystery especially to a person like me who is not extremely proficient when it comes to using the computers.
I have also "bookmarked" this site and therefore thankfully, I never have to google this site time and again.
:p