Behmor Roaster Owners

Bozo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
For any and all who use a Behmor consider this, the manual is almost worth less. Most of what we know, we find out on places like this or from beating our head against a wall. I went to roasterthing.com and downloaded their program. Doing so you can view other blends/roasts from other users. Ira (I only know his first name) wrote RL for Behmor owners. He has made a temperature control device that will (hopefully) operate from our computer to be more like expensive roasters. I do not have one yet but the items I need are on order. I have 400 (?) blends to share that he (Ira) will post, please try and you can throw rocks at me if you wish. Maybe we can help each other to develop some good blends but I am having fun with this hobby and drink to much coffee. I am disabled from many strokes, my nurse asked; "how much coffee do you drink?". "8 to 10 cappuccino's a day", well that was too much. Without coffee I might die, Bozo

cestrin

Jul 19, 2013
Tempe, AZ
Visit site
I understand your sentiment, Bozo, I have seen you bash the manual many times. I was looking (trolling) around another forum (don't hate me!!) and apparently the Behmor is getting an upgrade. The guy who owns it is making an upgrade of his own to the front panel of the machine. I believe they are basically making a "manual" mode where you have control over what power the roaster is at. This sounds exciting to me because timing the power drop for each program with 1C or wherever you want to change it is a pain.

As far as sharing blends, it sounds like this is already done on the RT website? It sounds like others share their blends, are you suggesting using this thread for sharing RT profiles?

Bozo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you writing back. The manual stinks. Do not hate, we are looking for help. I saw this also but check out RT (Ira, his upgrade) I think, would be better because we will be able to follow the temp much closer. Check happymugcoffe.com the man speaks about temperature points for people that roast, I wonder why? I'm sure watching the power will help but real roasters use the temp (I think). YES, how I read about their profiles, is roasting. I saw only coffee roasts but why stop there,? This is for sharing, right? What Ira offers is the temp controller but I am going to type to him about a "kit" that way all one must do is order just from him. Some of the items come from China. Last time I ordered stuff from there, took a month and it was air freight, oh well. Back to RT, Ira might have a fantastic idea with his controller, don't know if he has sold any. Read his RT manual, he has a lot of thought invested, I'm waiting for payday, Bozo
I tried to answer each comment