Do You Have A Good Source For Coffee Bags?

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
Bagging help needed!

Right now I bag my coffee in a heat sealed high barrier stand-up foil coffee pouch that is overlaid with kraft paper. So a high-tech bag with an 'old timey' look. The bags have a freshness valve (for the outgassing CO2) and a ziplock re-sealer. I apply a front and back label. All done, not counting labour to print and apply the labels I'm close to $0.50 in cost per bag.

Obviously I've got to lower my bag costs. But I don't want to give up the freshness valve or ziplock seal or old fashioned look if I can help it.

I'd love to give up printing the labels and applying them as it is quite time consuming. So a preprinted bag makes sense but I've got 4, and soon to be 5, types of coffee that we offer. If a bag maker/printer had a minimum order of 5,000 bags then I'd be looking at 20-25,000 bags. That's a lot of bags.

Any suggestions on a good source of preprinted coffee bags, with low minimums, that also offers options on some of the features mentioned above?

champaigncoffeeco

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought some from Roastar a while back. Their cost will probably make your jaw hit the floor, but the minimums are very low and they're fully customized from top to bottom. Really cool professional look, but it will cost you... I guess the question then boils down to whether you want a low cost per bag or a lower dollar total tied up in the bags.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
No, I don't want to add to my costs. I'm looking for something in the $0.15 to $0.20 range per bag. As to quantity I'd take 5,000. I don't know, maybe a source in China may be the answer.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Expat,

I remember seeing some posts about sources for coffee bags, but I can't seem to find them. I'll keep looking.

Ideally, you want to find a heat-sealed high barrier stand-up foil coffee bag that is overlaid with kraft paper and has a freshness CO2 valve and a ziplock re-sealer.

Do most of your customers keep the beans in the bag and use the ziplock resealer when they get the roasted beans home, or do they transfer the beans to another container? You may be able to cut the cost by eliminating the zip lock re-sealer.

Since printing the labels yourself and sticking them on the bags is time consuming, is it possible for you to buy the bags and commission a local printer to print on them instead of trying to finding a printer who also supplies the type of bag you want?

I'll keep looking.

Rose

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
No, I don't want to add to my costs. I'm looking for something in the $0.15 to $0.20 range per bag. As to quantity I'd take 5,000. I don't know, maybe a source in China may be the answer.
thats going to be hard to find, since you have a ziplock bag w/degassing valve. i pay.35 cents ea. for my 500 gram bags from pbyf, (plastic bags for you) they are from Taiwan, and very good quality. the company is based in California.

curious

Jun 27, 2012
Czech Republic
Visit site
coffee bags

i bought from china ,just 1000 pcs for test .
with valve and print.
delivered before a few days ,for me its ok .