K-Cup Shop

RayJay

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to this form and recently had the idea of opening a K-Cup shop as I current have a concession. I love coffee and this forum seems to have people much more knowledgable than me on the suject.

I've had the idea of creating high end K-Cups like JBM and Kona. My questions are if these kind of kcups are available would you want to buy them? And would you expect to pay $12-18 per cup?

Also, I have been in touch with a few Kcup distributors selling 24 packs for $10-11.50. Does anyone know a source that could provide a lower price?

I look forward to hearing your thoughts and advice!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello RayJay,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums!

I have a lot of doublts about your idea of creating high end K-Cups with coffees such as Jamacian Blue Mountain and Kona. I can't imagine anyone buying those coffees in K-Cups, particularly because the brewing method would definitely result in a brewed coffee with an unrecognizable taste. It certainly would not be worth paying $12-18 per cup.

Most people who have Keurig or other K-cup brewers are constantly looking for bargains on the K-cups. They want good coffee at a low price. I don't see how putting high end coffees into K-cups would ever be a good idea.

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I agree with Rose. K-cups will have hard time competing with fresh brewed coffee from other brewing method for taste. I can't say you wn't sell any but it would be difficult sell. But good luck

RayJay

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone on this forum currently have a K-Cup focused shop? I am finding many pop up in my area and am interested in starting one up.