šŸ Sold Niche Zero (located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada but will ship)

JHCCoffee

May 26, 2018
Visit site
I have two (2) Niche Zeros and only need one. I (and so many around the world) love my Niche for the following reasons:

• It is built with the Mazzer 64mm conical burr. This is great for medium, medium dark and dark roast coffees, and also works well for light roasts. This is an end game burr. Flat burrs do not provide the taste profile that I like. I previously had the Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder and just did not like the taste profile.

• It is really really easy to change the grind setting. There is no guessing about where you are in the grind range. So I am easily able to shift back and forth, from espresso to filter and back. As mentioned, I previously had a Eureka Mignon grinder and the grind setting management with that grinder was painful. It was also difficult to open up and maintain or clean the Mignon.

• It has a renowned easy work flow. Most espresso aficionados just dose directly into the grind cup. As there is next to no clumping, many do not even WDT. I still do, but many donā€™t.

• It has ultra low grind retention. I generally experience 0.3 to 0.5g retention, and then pump an after market (Etsy) bellows insert to catch these last grounds.

• Its very solidly built and ultra easy to maintain. The burrs are easily accessible, easy to clean and easy to remove.

• Itā€™s compact, so it does not take up too much space on your kitchen counter.

• Itā€™s very attractive and fits well into your kitchen. Even if your significant other is not a coffee geek, she/he will love its looks.

• Niche service is awesome. They are very responsive. Parts are readily available directly from Niche and from selected retailers in the US. However, I have never had an issue or needed a part.
The Niche that I am selling was previously owned by another coffee geek. While the grinder is a couple of years new, it was relatively lightly used by that fellow. I fully opened it up, cleaned it, applied some food safe lubricant in one area (as directed by Niche). I found that it was in very good condition. It has one small scratch (barely noticeable. It works perfectly. I have been periodically using it at my wifeā€™s family cottage. However, as that cottage is now for sale, I have no need for two.

FYI, I am also including the bellows (that I bought on Etsy for $40), the cup, the wood base plate (for the cup), a wood cube (that I sit the basket on), a dosing collar (that sits on top of your 58mm basket, that retails for $30), the brush and the bolt driver.

The Niche Zeros cost $1,200 CDN to land in Canada, including shipping, taxes and duties. Pre-owned Niches are selling for 70% to 80% of that price. I could well price this at $960 (80%), but wish to make this available to another coffee aficionado at a reasonable price, so I will accept $840 CDN (70%). These Niches are very very popular and hard to come by in Canada or the US, so contact me early.

All items are included; I will not remove or split out items. Payment is cash, e-transfer or using Paypal Goods and Services. Funds will need to fully clear before delivery of the LE. I can provide information on my reliability; I am well known in my professional community. And to any scammers out there ā€“ donā€™t even bother. I am well versed on your tactics and will be following all necessary anti-scam protocols.

PS The pictures that are posted with this message are of the Niche Zero that is currently at my home. The one that I am selling is currently at our family cottage. The only visual difference is one very small nick on the metal. I could have touched it up with white auto retouch paint, but it was so small that it wasnā€™t worth it. I can/will take another set of pictures when I arrive at the cottage on August 8. However, you and I can still conclude a transaction, as I can send you the pictures on 8th. Once you have paid, I can ship it to you from that location (we are on the French River, near Alban, Ontario) or you can pick it up from me upon my return to Toronto, one week later.

IMG_8053 (Small).JPG
IMG_8065 (Small).JPG

kiskaprince

Aug 14, 2023
London
Visit site
I have two (2) Niche Zeros and only need one. I (and so many around the world) love my Niche for the following reasons:

• It is built with the Mazzer 64mm conical burr. This is great for medium, medium dark and dark roast coffees, and also works well for light roasts. This is an end game burr. Flat burrs do not provide the taste profile that I like. I previously had the Eureka Mignon Specialita grinder and just did not like the taste profile.

• It is really really easy to change the grind setting. There is no guessing about where you are in the grind range. So I am easily able to shift back and forth, from espresso to filter and back. As mentioned, I previously had a Eureka Mignon grinder and the grind setting management with that grinder was painful. It was also difficult to open up and maintain or clean the Mignon.

• It has a renowned easy work flow. Most espresso aficionados just dose directly into the grind cup. As there is next to no clumping, many do not even WDT. I still do, but many donā€™t.

• It has ultra low grind retention. I generally experience 0.3 to 0.5g retention, and then pump an after market (Etsy) bellows insert to catch these last grounds.

• Its very solidly built and ultra easy to maintain. The burrs are easily accessible, easy to clean and easy to remove.

• Itā€™s compact, so it does not take up too much space on your kitchen counter.

• Itā€™s very attractive and fits well into your kitchen. Even if your significant other is not a coffee geek, she/he will love its looks.

• Niche service is awesome. They are very responsive. Parts are readily available directly from Niche and from selected retailers in the US. However, I have never had an issue or needed a part.
The Niche that I am selling was previously owned by another coffee geek. While the grinder is a couple of years new, it was relatively lightly used by that fellow. I fully opened it up, cleaned it, applied some food safe lubricant in one area (as directed by Niche). I found that it was in very good condition. It has one small scratch (barely noticeable. It works perfectly. I have been periodically using it at my wifeā€™s family cottage. However, as that cottage is now for sale, I have no need for two.

FYI, I am also including the bellows (that I bought on Etsy for $40), the cup, the wood base plate (for the cup), a wood cube (that I sit the basket on), a dosing collar (that sits on top of your 58mm basket, that retails for $30), the brush and the bolt driver.

The Niche Zeros cost $1,200 CDN to land in Canada, including shipping, taxes and duties. Pre-owned Niches are selling for 70% to 80% of that price. I could well price this at $960 (80%), but wish to make this available to another coffee aficionado at a reasonable price, so I will accept $840 CDN (70%). These Niches are very very popular and hard to come by in Canada or the US, so contact me early.

All items are included; I will not remove or split out items. Payment is cash, e-transfer or using Paypal Goods and Services. Funds will need to fully clear before delivery of the LE. I can provide information on my reliability; I am well known in my professional community. And to any scammers out there ā€“ donā€™t even bother. I am well versed on your tactics and will be following all necessary anti-scam protocols.

PS The pictures that are posted with this message are of the Niche Zero that is currently at my home. The one that I am selling is currently at our family cottage. The only visual difference is one very small nick on the metal. I could have touched it up with white auto retouch paint, but it was so small that it wasnā€™t worth it. I can/will take another set of pictures when I arrive at the cottage on August 8. However, you and I can still conclude a transaction, as I can send you the pictures on 8th. Once you have paid, I can ship it to you from that location (we are on the French River, near Alban, Ontario) or you can pick it up from me upon my return to Toronto, one week later.

View attachment 12352View attachment 12353
still for sale?
looking for white
Thank you