10 kilo roasters

coffeemessiah

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering moving my roasting to a new location and a larger roaster. I have been shopping around to 5-10 kilo roasters, I think the larger one is the way to go just incase demand creeps up I have some room.
My only concern is the complaints I get sometimes about the roasting smell and exhaust, some people kie it some don't. Most think I'm burning popcorn. I'm using a 2lb Sonofresco now, I can only imagine 10 times the size. I'm looking at a retail/commercial area on a main road, just dont want to piss off the neighbors.
Any experiences with this, will an afterburner help? Can I install ventilation myself to save some cash or is it better to have a professional do it? I have alot of builing experience, I'm convinced I can do anything but the gas lines and electrical. THANKS!

kifucoffeeroaster

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone speak to this issue? I am buying a 15k roaster and roasting in a residential neighborhood. Should I anticipate stone throwers?

Also, suggestions for ventilation?

papouducafe

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi...
Normally when your coffee roaster is greater than 7.5 kilo you should have an after-burner, but you can also install an air-mixer to decrease smoke density

papouducafe
danielpicker.com