2 to 5 KILO ROASTER

sologlo

Aug 6, 2007
Texas
Visit site
I am looking for a used 2 to 5 Kilo roaster. Let me know if you have one for sale. I prefer Natural Gas, but would considering converting a propane model.

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
Roaster

If you want to see one in action let me know. We have locations in Texas.

Regards,

Matt Weisberg
Fresh Roast Systems, Inc.
650-325-1795

chuck

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
I am selling my Table top Deidrich IR 3 propane (can be converted to natural gas with a kit from deidrich).

Brushed Stainless skin
Cooling tray agitator
map light

1 year of use with detailed roasting log.
Like new condition.

Positive pressure insulated ducting included--about 10-12 feet plus corner and weather cap

$8k for everything/obo

I am in San Diego and I do not want to deal with crating and shipping it so if you are interested, you will either have to pick it up or have it picked up and crated etc.

If interested, please email: [email protected]

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
BTW, the equipment cost is $0. Maintenance is $0. Training is $0. Online support is $0. Profiling software and remote roasting control software is $0. And you don't need a roast master! :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Its funny. You just "give" this away...yet I have not seen it anywhere. Well I saw it in a video. You would think that a deal so good would be everywhere! You show up on this forum every once in a while to stir the pot so you can push your product. The majority of your post are to promote your product. Your sales pitches are getting old. By the way what ever happened to all roasters except the ones that use your method of roasting being shut down by the EPA?

Fresh Roaster

Jun 30, 2006
Visit site
topher said:
Its funny. You just "give" this away...yet I have not seen it anywhere. Well I saw it in a video. You would think that a deal so good would be everywhere! You show up on this forum every once in a while to stir the pot so you can push your product. The majority of your post are to promote your product. Your sales pitches are getting old. By the way what ever happened to all roasters except the ones that use your method of roasting being shut down by the EPA?

Give away? No, I didn't say that. Just little or no upfront costs and we provide all the equipment and maintenance (pretty important factor for anyone starting a coffee house). And you know darn well how our system works Christopher. You pay for what you roast and it's usually about half of what you'd pay a wholesaler like you, :wink: and you get fresh rosted coffee every day and just what you need with no inventory going stale. Every last one of our users will attest to that and I'll be more than happy to give you or anyone else their contact information.

As far as EPA concerns? Go to NYC, Hoboken, Denver, Seattle... There are roasters being shut down or barred all over the place and not even justly in many cases but it is happening. Ask Porto Rico Coffee, one of the largest in NY, what happened to them. Go down to the East Village and find one of the ten rosters that USED to be there... One of the largest most successful grocery chains in the world has faced huge pressure on venting from in-store roasting operations in certain areas. It will only get tougher. Thanks to Al Gore it's been accelerated and brought to the forefront of attention. :D If you don't think it's happening, fine, but it is. Local municipalities are cracking down and whether or not they come to "your" town? Well, who knows but there are lots of places where you can't even put a roaster in and there are lots of places that have had roasters and got kicked out or are the subject of threats to do such. Very simply we offer a real solution and it seems to me that people should and would want to know about it, especially anyone in a situation where there's a problem and need an option.

As far as where our rosters are? Well, mostly out here on the West Coast where there are lots of tree hugging bunny lovers and logically, where we are building them. :D As far as not being everywhere? Well, we really only started putting them out early this year after a good 6 years of heavy beta testing, but so far you'll find 8 locations in Central CA, 5 in Northern California, 2 in Southern California and 2 more in Texas, soon to be 4 and one heading for Hawaii. We also have three going in down in your neck of the woods in Florida. We are back ordered right now but we're building them as fast as we can and we are expaniding to a second manufacturing facility in order to meet demand.

Am I promoting what we're doing? YES. ABSOLUTELY. Because it's importatnt to those interested in roasting to know what's out there and to let people know that they don't have to struggle with 100 year old technology if they don't want to while producing professional results. We were challenged on the professional results issue and Coffee Review put that issue to rest with not one, but two glowing reviews for coffee from our system.

And, as I've noticed, a lot of the visitors here are looking for "roast your own" solutions. A roaster without huge overhead, venting and investment could be a wonderful option. Why would you possibly want to smear that? Given all the effort we're putting into the technology of coffee roasting I would think you would see this as a resource for the visitors here. Instead you spend your time trying to bash it for no apparent reason. You haven't even tried using it.

The invitation is always open to you to try it out and you can now do it online. Yup, you can roast online real time. Just give me a call and I'll get you logged on. Even has a camera so you can watch. And all from the convenience of your living room. :wink: The offer is open to anyone else interested. Seeing is believing. :grin:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
You say I know your system works. I do not know for a fact that it works. I know what we are doing works...and it works well. If my memory serves me correctly we have never met. Lastly the company I roast for is a direct to consumer not a wholesaler. I am not hear to talk about our business. Do not make it seem that the reason I get irritated with you is because I am worried about losing wholesale accounts....I get irritated with you because you can not turn off the sales pitches. You do it in almost every post.
Just give me a call and I'll get you logged on. Even has a camera so you can watch. And all from the convenience of your living room. The offer is open to anyone else interested. Seeing is believing.
I understand you have to eat but do your advertising else were..it also gets old when you come out and insult a trade that I and others have busted our asses to develop over the years. You make it out that all the work that we have put into our trades was pointless.

Davec

Oct 18, 2006
Old England (UK)
Visit site
Well Matt, I hope you didn't waste my time in another thread where you put up the subject of computer control on roasting vs manual skills. I spent 30 minutes of my life typing out a reasoned and thought out reply. If it was just to help you do a "sales pitch" in that thread, then I am disaapointed.

Also a word of advice, the way to sell your product is on it's own strengths, NOT by knocking the competition. Whatever you may think about other roasting systems or methods, it's a fairly poor show to start "knocking them".

If your system produces a good roast....then say why it's good, if your system has benefits, clearly state what they are and why they are a benefit, but try and do it without reference to other systems of roasting. I would think that if you persisted, one day a comparison might be made of a number of different types of bean from the same batch roasted in your roaster and other roasting systems....then properly tasted. I think until that happens any rave reviews on the web are just an opinion.

I for one was a little suprised to see 8-12 minute roasts stated as I personally believe roasting that quickly will get you into trouble with some beans varieties. Certainly not roasting times designed to get the best flavours out of the bean as the internal temperatures are likely to rise a little too high...but hey that's just my guess

We all know that the general public will buy anything, even roasts I might consider to be undrinkable.....so from that perspective I am sure it will do well. I do think your system may well have benefits, as the more fresh roasted coffee we can get out to the consumer the better. Even if the quality of that coffee is not the best, it's a big step forwatrd from where we are today. I am sure your system does have a place in many areas where fresh coffee is otherwise relatively difficult to buy on the high street. Again though I know very little about how your system works, and I have tried to find out. Even your own website seems to be thin on the technical details?

Oh and traditional roastmasters who don't use computers....thank god we got them, otherwise how do you get the knowledge/information to program the machines.

Dave :-D

P.S. How I remember when the Microwave was hailed as a revelation in cooking and made food tastier, tenderer and all that other cobblers....the reality was somewhat different and I personally think the inventor of the microwave should be put up against a wall and shot.