3 Group Semi Automatic Commercial Espresso Machine

Which 3 group semi automatic espresso machine would you use?

• Nuova Simonelli

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • La Spaziale

• La Cimbali

• Rancilio

• Gaggia

• La Marzocco

• Total voters

Intimici

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
Hey everyone,

We're (my partner and i) are currently looking for a 3 group semi-automatic commercial espresso machine for our first espresso bar. I've looked into Nuova simonelli and had heard some great recommendations from this forum. I will be going to N.S show room at the beginning of next week to have an actual look at their range. When going to view these espresso machines, what sort of questions should i be asking the sales man? I've also been recommended La Spaziale and Rancilio and ive noticed that La Cimbali and Gaggia is another popular choice, although im not too sure about using Gaggia. Theres so many options out there that we have not yet picked a definite machine to use for our espresso bar. Although saying that for some odd reason i'm quite fond of the Nuova Simonelli from the reviews given from this forum. Could you please give me your thoughts on these brands i've listed, it would be a great help.

thank you :grin:

Intimici

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
i totally forgot to add that brand in even though we're seen this brand a couple of times too, im trying to add it into the poll... but i cant seem to find the edit option :x thanks for reminding me of this brand though, let me know how you get on with it! :grin:

LNSC

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
I've heard some positive things regarding the Nuova Simonelli type commercial machines, my partner and I are about to make an order on our machine but is still debating between the the Nuova Simonelli, La Spaziale or Gaggia but we would like to see more reviews before making such a commitment. Anyone used either of these names before?

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
If those are your choices (???), then I would say the Nuova Simonelli is the best of that particular group.

I would, however, base my decision on:

1) Availability of parts/service 24/7 OR stockpiling a decent supply of extra parts and being able to repair yourself.
2) Quality of espresso machine can consistently produce -- YOU have tasted from each of these machines.
3) industry consensus and opinions on durability, taste, etc.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
After our first fifteen months, we upgraded from a Lamarzocco Linea to a Synesso Cyncra . I would personally only recommend a Lamarzocco (Linea, GB5, FB80), a Synesso Cyncra, or a (any) Mistral. Reasons: Consistent repeatable quality of espresso, quality of build, and comparable ease of repair. Of course, if the quality of your espresso isn't central to your operation, then any machine will do. You CAN make acceptable, and even great, espresso with other machines, but not as consistently. Better machines will amplify your flaws, so if your technique is not on, it will show. As they say, the problem is often on the handle side of the portafilter.

DavesLT

Nov 6, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
Ditto to John P's remarks concerning SERVICE and PARTS availability. The "Best" espresso machine in the world won't do you any good if it doesn't work. You need to strongly consider the person and/or service agency from whom you are buying your machine. Good Luck!