40 lb Drum Roaster & Roasting Business Equipment For Sale

FairHopeCoffee

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello all. I am in the process of selling our handmade custom built 40 lb roaster and roasting business equipment. I am the second owner of this machine and have been using it for about two years off and on. I bought it from the original owner who had it custom made in Indonesia before shipping to the United States. The business was purchased as a mission to help adoptions but we had to relocate and have not seen the success we once had.

The roaster is about 7 years old and in great shape. The drum and cooling arm are chain driven. The beans are heated indirectly by the gas burners but are mainly heated by the hot air that flows through the drum. There are controls for heat and airflow which allows you to tightly control each roast. Because it is handmade, it is very simple to operate as well as work on if there are any issues. It is Propane fueled but I have been told that it could be switched to natural gas fairly easily. I had used a HotTop for years and this machine was a perfect transition into large capacity roasting. There is a little wear in the gold paint, but the roaster has never needed a repair. It may not be as technologically advanced but there is beauty in it's simplicity. The drum is well seasoned and the beans taste fantastic.

With the roaster, I will be selling my stock of green beans, grinding, brewing and bagging equipment. The lot of equipment incudes two High capacity grinders, one Bunn Pour-matic brewer, two airpots, one 60-cup brewer, Foil bags ranging in colors and sizes (2 oz to 3 lbs.) and a bag sealer. There are other items as well that will be included. I can come up with an exact list and more pictures for a serious inquirer.

The beans include Costa Rican Cerro Paldo Micro Lot (Grainpro), Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (Grainpro), Brazilian Mogiano, Papa New Guinea and others. All are over 50 lbs with the Costa about 100 lbs.

The equipment is located in Murfreesboro, TN (outside of Nashville) and will be cleaned palletized for easy shipping (buyer is responsible for pick up an delivery). I am not looking to profit off of this sale so I am asking $18000 for everything. I will entertain any reasonable offers.

Once sold, I will mark posting as such. Thank you for looking!

Attachments

• Roaster 1.jpg
    Roaster 1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 680
  • IMG_3762.JPG
    IMG_3762.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_3763.JPG
    IMG_3763.JPG
    159.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3761.JPG
    IMG_3761.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_3766.JPG
    IMG_3766.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 217

javajames

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
Good afternoon, if you are willing to consider separating the roaster from the other items, I would be willing to discuss purchasing everything but the roaster from you. Your friend, Zach, told me about your equipment and sent me this link. I live in Murfreesboro. You may email me directly at [email protected] so we can set up a time to meet and inspect the equipment and inventory if you are interested. Thank you. Mike

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello javajames,

Since the original poster hasn't returned to the Forum since July 11th, it's possible that you will have a better chance of getting a reply to your questions if you send him a private message through this Coffee Forum. That way, he will receive an alert in his personal E-mail letting him know that a message is waiting for him.

Rose