40 Weight Here

40Weight

Jul 12, 2020
Southern US
Visit site
Hello coffee fanatics 40 Weight here...So before anyone ask how I came up with my username let me explain...During my time in the military we referred to military coffee as 40 weight motor oil cause most times that what it tasted like....As for myself I am married soon to be 20 years in December...We have 8 kids (cats), I am retired and was working as a public service worker before I retired as a truck driver and doing various other odd jobs...It's what the military would call a "grunt"....I spent almost 7 years in the US military in the US Army....

As far as coffee is concerned I have been drinking mostly that stuff you buy at the grocery store....My favorite specialty coffee is Death Wish I love this stuff...But I am open to suggestions to other brands as long as they do not cost an arm and a leg.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello coffee fanatics 40 Weight here...So before anyone ask how I came up with my username let me explain...During my time in the military we referred to military coffee as 40 weight motor oil cause most times that what it tasted like....As for myself I am married soon to be 20 years in December...We have 8 kids (cats), I am retired and was working as a public service worker before I retired as a truck driver and doing various other odd jobs...It's what the military would call a "grunt"....I spent almost 7 years in the US military in the US Army....

As far as coffee is concerned I have been drinking mostly that stuff you buy at the grocery store....My favorite specialty coffee is Death Wish I love this stuff...But I am open to suggestions to other brands as long as they do not cost an arm and a leg.

Hello 40Weight,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website. You will find many interesting people here, and you'll discover a lot of information about the "world of coffee" as time goes by.

Thank you for providing us with some background regarding your choice for a user name. Thanks too, for your years of Military service. It sounds like the Military's "40 weight motor oil" coffee is something you'll never miss . . . or do you miss it ???

I did a quick Google search, and I see that Death Wish Coffee sells for around $20 a pound. (Amazon, Walmart, etc). So . . . since Death Wish Coffee is so expensive, it's very likely that some of our Forum members, who roast coffee, will be able to help you explore many other kinds of fresh-roasted coffee without it costing you "an arm and a leg."

Feel free to post questions and participate in the discussions when you're ready.

~ Rose

40Weight

Jul 12, 2020
Southern US
Visit site
Howdy PinkRose...No I don't miss the military coffee LoL....I get the Death Wish K Pods at Walmart for $17.99 I think...You wouldn't by any chance know how much of this Death Wish Coffee is safe to drink in one day?

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Welcome 40Weight... it's really hard to give you definitive recommendations because Death Wish does not make public where their coffees are grown - or that matter - what species they are using. Considering they pedal high caffeine its most likely robusta coffee which for most coffee consumers it's of less quality than arabica coffee. And from their physical look, it's fairly dark roasted. So - pretty much any dark roast coffee is worth a shot to try. Are you looking for kcups or beans? Beans are MUCH more economical than kcups...

40Weight

Jul 12, 2020
Southern US
Visit site
Welcome 40Weight... it's really hard to give you definitive recommendations because Death Wish does not make public where their coffees are grown - or that matter - what species they are using. Considering they pedal high caffeine its most likely robusta coffee which for most coffee consumers it's of less quality than arabica coffee. And from their physical look, it's fairly dark roasted. So - pretty much any dark roast coffee is worth a shot to try. Are you looking for kcups or beans? Beans are MUCH more economical than kcups...

I have the K-Cups...No way to ground beans or roast them...I am curious as to how many cups of this stuff is save to drink do you know?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Howdy PinkRose...No I don't miss the military coffee LoL....I get the Death Wish K Pods at Walmart for $17.99 I think...You wouldn't by any chance know how much of this Death Wish Coffee is safe to drink in one day?

Are you drinking it because you like the taste or because you want a jolt of caffeine??

Have you tried doing a Google search to answer your question? I took a brief look, and I see that:

"Death Wish delivers a whopping 54.2 mg of caffeine per fluid oz. That translates to a ridiculous 600+mg of caffeine per cup of coffee, compared to the usual 100-200 found in most plain black coffees"

How much caffeine is in a Death Wish coffee K cup? A 12 oz. cup of Death Wish K-cup coffee has 708 mg of caffeine. (regular brewed 12 oz. coffee has 144 mg of caffeine.)

Up to 400 milligrams (mg) of caffeine a day appears to be safe for most healthy adults. That's roughly the amount of caffeine in four cups of brewed coffee, 10 cans of cola or two "energy shot" drinks. Keep in mind that the actual caffeine content in beverages varies widely, especially among energy drinks.

Since we don't know your size, or how much caffeine you're used to consuming, it's hard to estimate how much Death Wish coffee would be safe for you to drink. If you feel jittery and weird after two cups, it's time to stop. Your best bet is to spread out your coffee drinking throughout the day, instead of downing one cup after another in one sitting.