7-11's new coffee style

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
I just saw that 7-11 has a new coffee standard to allow "more then just cream and sugar". They have shots of toranis syrup in many different flavors to add to your burnt (sometimes) 7-11 *cough*plastic*cough* coffee.

hehehe, well at least it may add more (some) flavor!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well if I was Torani I would be a wee bit embarrassed that it was being used with a non gourmet product!! I am sure that Monin (Torani's competition) will be happy to hear this!!

Rowley

Mar 7, 2003
California
Visit site
I don't know about the contracts, but having your coffee syrups in every 7-11 is a pretty big contract.

As for usage, I always see a list of about a dozen different flavored syrups but only ever 3 actualy syrup drips out for access, and they are always hazelnut, irish creme, and cinnamon. They are always 1/2 empty and look used, but I have never encountered anyone who would or is uing them in their 7-11 coffee. I did notice a few 7-11s around town also have a largly increased library of brews going on, from regular or decaf to newer cinnamon, french, dark mountain, and hazelnut. Ignore the fact they always offer cinnamon and hazelnut coffee syrups while they have cinnamon and hazelnut coffee brewing.

All and all I give 7-11 credit for trying, but do not know if we will see this setup next year in the same stores.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
O.k. lets give the credit for trying...the only thing I can't stand is when they brag they are using 100% Colombian or 100% arabica...yes it might be 100% arabica but they never say what grade! So when people get what they think and come to recognise as gourmet coffee..it really isn't then they go to a gourmet shop...and taste the real way coffee is supposed to be and not recognize that the "true quality " is the correct way.....ummm...did that make sense?

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
gourmet coffee gourmet coffee gourmet coffee gourmet coffee

You'd have to be ignorant to believe that the coffee at a 7-11 is going to be better or more gourmet than the coffee served at a gourmet coffee shop. For those who come adapt to their tastes in pure sugary drinks or whatnot that don't want to learn and just say damn my 7-11 coffee is so much better to hell with them!!!!!!!! :-D

In all seriousness, its good that 7-11 has this coffee, sure it doesn't say grade but when you goto a 7-11 you get what you get and I never expect anything but the basics. :D

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Personally I would rather go without! I hate to sound like a snob but I am not going to put my pallet through that kind of torture...If I need caffeine that badly I will drink a coke...better yet a bawls!

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
MD Caffeine

Never mind- found it! Diet and regular have the same caffeine content:

Diet Mountain Dew (8 fl. oz)

Contains: Carbonated water, concentrated orange juice, citric acid, aspartame, potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), citrus pectin, potassium citrate, caffeine, gum arabic, natural flavors, brominated vegetable oil, yellow 5 and erythorbic acid (preserves freshness).

Calories 0
Total Fats (g) 0
Sodium (mg) 25
Potassium (mg) 45
Total Carbohydrates (g) 0
Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 0
Caffeine (mg) 37