A coffee machine. I don''t know what machine should I buy?

aka

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
I''m a very new for any coffee machine. I really don''t know any things about coffee maker.
I always have my instant coffee in my house, or a cup of coffee in my office.
So, I have a plan to buy a good coffee maker because I''ve heard that instant coffee is not good for health.
So, I think I may buy a coffee maker. But I really don''t know what kind of machine should I buy. I read some issues in this web sites. I''ve seen some words like \"a french press\" , or \"... vacuum\"..etc. I''m very stupid about these words.

Does any one give me some suggestions what machine I better buy? And what things I have to have for that machine too?
:eek:

Thanks everyone!

insaneliltroll

Jun 27, 2007
Visit site
Well what kind of coffee are you looking to make? Do you want a machine that can make specialty drinks such as cappas or espresso or do you want something that makes plain jane drip coffee? For a cheap but good espresoo machine I recomend the Flama Zentrum it is an awsome consumer espresso machine but it is kind of hard to find. They run you anywhere from 80 to 100 $. For a regular drip machine I recomend a Braun machine since it is one of the few machines that brew at the right temperature. Hope this helps!

DR

TinkAttitude

Jul 17, 2007
Visit site
i read the coffee geek review of the flama zentrum - and like what i read, except for the fact that the machine was made of so many plastic parts, but could not find it for sale anywhere... so i am still searching for a decent at-home espresso maker for a beginner with not much talent or taste!

insaneliltroll

Jun 27, 2007
Visit site
The Flama is the machine is the one i own and the plastic is not that much of a problem for me. I think it is a great starter machine. A few specialty kitchen stores sell them but I think ebay is the best place to look besides local stores.

HarveyC

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
It really does depend what type of coffee you want.

If you only want regular filter coffee, buy a filter coffee maker. If you want to make lattes or capuccinos, you'll need an espresso machine (with milk frother).

If you want to make decent filter coffee without having to prepare a jug of coffee everytime, a coffee pod (filter) machine would be suitable.

cartoons10

Jul 31, 2007
Visit site
good coffee machines

I sugest senseo or gevalia I like them but it depends on hwta you like to do with the coffee machine and if your making a pot or a cup for you to just make a cup if you dont want much then you could do senseo For a pot you should do gevalia go to the senseo section and read my post to find out more on senseo and why I like it

monty2007

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Cappucino is the way to go for me, so I have an espresso machine, filter coffee makers are great too though... it''s all on personal taste...